OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Rigid Elm Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Derek hadn’t wanted to go to the valentines day ball, it had been a very long day, but he had decided in the end to go. It would be good for him to go. Much like with the yuleball, he thought that he would be able to just have a little experience at it. To spend a little time at it, where he could experience it without having to worry about how it would affect him in the long run. He hadn’t put much effort into his outfit during the dance. He had just put on something and then headed to the dance. When he got there, he couldn’t help but feel a little out of place. The teen didn’t think this was the same as when he was at the yuleball, it didn’t feel as okay, he felt out of place. He felt so nervous and he couldn’t help but look for Emilia in that crowd, but he didn’t see her. He found himself a snack and a drink and just headed towards one of the corners of the room. Athena was maybe around there somewhere, she could sit with him, so long as she didn’t have a date. He didn’t want to take up her time if she had a date. He could deal with dance alone.

While Sapphire was starting to realize that there was someone that she wanted to bring to the dance, she knew she very well couldn't, so she just went alone as she always did. She wasn't ready to dance yet, so she grabbed some drinks and wandered a bit before spotting an interesting place to sit. She pulled out the chair next to him and plopped down. "Well, you're no fun when you're pouting. What's up?" She greeted, smiling at her teammate. They hadn't spoken much but she liked to think they were friends.

Derek looked up and gave a little smile to his teammate, ”Hello to you too Sapphire,” he said. He didn’t know if it was worthwhile for him to bring up what had happened, wasn’t Sapphire friends with Emilia...he didn’t know. Emilia had always had more friends that Derek had ever had. He shrugged, ”I guess I’m just not really feel it,” he added a little shrug, but it was as honest as he thought he should be with someone. He noticed then Emilia walk into the hall and she seemed to have a purpose that didn’t bring her towards him. He was over her, mostly, but these events were still difficult. He looked back at Sapphire, ”You here with someone?”

Sapphire shook her head. "Nah, I usually fly these things solo." She nudged him. "I saw that look. Yes, I'm friends with Em, but I'm friends with you, too. I think. I'm weird and don't know any social norms so don't mind that I don't give a rats ass what happened or how I'm supposed to react." She laughed, leaning forward and ruffling his hair. "I'm open for pretty much anything tonight. We could dance. Or just sit here all night snacking, either is cool with me." She gave him a cheeky grin. "So tell me, Ricky, what do you want to do?"

Derek nodded at her, ”How come? You’re a pretty person, does no one take your fancy?” he couldn’t help but say, he never looked at Sapphire and thought about dating her. She wasn’t really someone he’d ever thought of like that but it wasn’t like she wasn’t pretty. He sighed a little when she said she was Emilia’s friend but didn’t mind spending time with him. He couldn’t help but feel bad, ”But what about hanging out with her rather than me Sapphire?” the boy couldn’t help but say, assuming that Emilia felt the same way as he did about this current situation they were in. He didn’t understand why people were being so nice to him regarding the break up and he could only hope that people were being as nice to her. ”Maybe a quick dance?” he hadn’t danced at the last two celebrations, so staunchly not in the mood, but maybe it was time to just start dancing.

Sapphire shrugged. "No one here, really. There is a boy at home, but neither of us really wants anything serious." She admitted softly. She raised a brow at him. "Why does everyone act like it's an either/or situation? I'll catch up with her when I find her later. But right now I'm talking to you." She stood, stretching, and held out her hand. "Come on, Ricky, let's go dance." She gave him a bright grin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back