Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Ajax)
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Open after Emzies posts with Ajax

Nicole had grabbed one of her school books and brought it out to the courtyard. It was a lot nicer out in the Courtyard than in her dorm, even with her roommate's attempts to spruce it up a bit. Nicole was coming to the conclusion she was going to spend as little time as possible this year in the Slytherin dorm, she was worried she'd get all pale and shrivel up if she went too long without sun light. Reading outside had seemed lovely in theory, Nicole had envisioned her sitting out under a tree, serenely turning pages while the wind ruffled her hair, but it wasn't really panning out. She was already bored of the stuffy textbook and the windy was mostly just flipping the pages whenever she wasn't paying enough attention. She half-wished she had brought one of the romance books she'd stashed at the bottom of her trunk, but she didn't have the guts to be seen reading one of those anywhere yet. So instead, Nicole sighed, turning another page on her transfiguration book and pinning it down fiercely agains the persistent breeze. It was either out here with the book, or back in the dungeons, so she was staying put.

Ajaccio was having fun exploring, he was having fun as he tended to in a new place as he discovered and wandered from area to area with no set goal in mind but to just learn where everything was. He had seen a lot of the school but the huge grounds was where the boy was most interested in being. He’d done some skateboarding outside but the weather hadn’t been particularly good. However today from the position in Ravenclaw tower, he’d spotted how windy it was, so after seeking out an older, seventh year student, he got them to conjure him a kite and headed outside. Ajax certainly had never had a kite just lying around. He had put a beanie on his head, brushing the curls on his face into the hat, though of corse the hat didn’t catch all of them. Ajaccio had decided that he’d check out the courtyard, thinking that would be a good place to start with the kite and in case it started raining. It was as he stepped outside and intended to just let the kite loose into the air that he spotted Nicole. ”Nicole, hey!” he greeted warmly, pretty pleased to have see her, glad to have met her all those months ago before school. He was frowning a little at what she was doing, seemingly reading a book. But classes hadn’t even started yet. ”Reading already?”he asked as he walked over, still lightly holding the kite in his hand, a wide and friendly smile on his face despite his frowning eyebrows at the fact she was reading.

Nicole slammed the book shut when someone called her name, wincing as she managed to jam her finger in there too. "Ajax, hi!" She said as she spotted him, shaking out her hand. It was nice to see him again, Nicole had managed to keep an eye out for Ajax during the sorting ceremony, but once everyone was off to their own houses it was a little hard to find her friends. "I dunno if I would call it reading, I was just trying to keep busy," She said with a shrug, happy to set the book aside in favour of a far more interesting distraction. It would have been weird to just sit in the courtyard alone, but now that Ajax was here she didn't have to worry so much. "How are you settling in? I bet this is all a fun adventure for you," She said with a smile before spotting the kite. "Oh are you going to fly that? It's good weather for it," Nicole said, pointedly tucking her hair back behind her ears in the breeze and nodding to Ajax's beanie. "Oh man, I bet your hair is crazy in the wind." She added with a sly smile.

Ajax was pleased that Nicole seemed to remember her, he knew that they had only met that one time and she might’ve forgetten him but she hadn’t so that was good. Ajaccio grinned at her comment, ”There are so many ways to keep busy that don’t involve reading,” he had a light and jokey tone and he rolled his eyes a little in the same joking manner. Ajaccio gave a little shrug at the question, he was settling in as well as he could everything was still very new and he was used to quickly settling into places, ”Settling is good, it’ll be the staying for longer than two months, it’s a very different sort of adventure that’s for sure,” Ajax laughed lightly, ”How about you? Is this place everything you expected?” Ajax was curious how this place was for someone who didn’t have his background, someone who knew what school was really like and had been likely looking forward to this place. Ajaccio nodded as he held the kite, ”It’s been ages since I flew a kite, they don’t exactly travel easy. Do you want to fly it with me?” the boy asked holding the kite a little up with a wide expression. The wind certainly was good enough for it. Ajax raised his eyebrows a little at her comment before he reached up and pulled the beanie off, he was quick to free his wild curls shaking his head to get them moving, ”What ever do you mean Nicole, my hair is perfectly tame and sane,” he grinned easily at her as he spoke, the wind making his wild unruly curls seemingly even more so.

Nicole laughed a little self-consciously at Ajax's joke. She was barely brave enough at the moment to try reading alone at school, let alone anything else he would probably consider fun. "Things like kite flying?" She shot back instead. It certainly wasn't the first thing she would ever think of, but from what she'd seen of Ajax he seemed full of surprises. And the weather really was perfect. "Well, you only need to manage four months before the holidays. Do you think your family will go anywhere over Christmas?" She asked. She already knew she'd be going back home for a traditional family yule thing. She'd normally complain about how boring it was, but even after her first night at school she found she was missing her family terribly and rather looking forward to it now. "I don't really know what I had expected. Though I wish I knew a few more people in my house first," She sighed. At least she knew kids in class though. And she was usually pretty good at making friends fast.

Hopping up when Ajax asked if she wanted to help him fly the kite, Nicole nodded quickly, ready to abandon her book happily. "Is there a good spot we won't get it caught in a tree?" She asked, trying to gamely cover her giggling when Ajax whipped off his hat. Between his eyebrows and his hair he made such a wild character in the wind and Nicole hand to press a hand to her mouth to stop laughing.

Ajaccio grinned at her joke, ”Exactly like kite flying,” he knew it wasn’t the first thing that most would think to do, but he thought it would be pretty fun. He shrugged at the question she asked about the holidays at the end of the term, ”The holidays or well christmas was one of the few occasions I tended to be in New Zealand anyway, so I don’t. I want to, the christmas markets here aren’t nearly as good as the ones in like Poland,” he gave a little shrug. He didn’t mind coming to new zealand for christmas but it was a little different if he was already there, and he tended to be just back from one place and off to another, this would a different holiday. He didn’t feel all that confident about it. But he pushed that aside and just grinned at her, ”What does your family do for the holiday period?” he asked her. At her statement, he nodded in agreement, ”I know what you mean, but it's a whole bunch of new people to get to know,” Ajax had never struggled to make friends before, so he wasn’t doing too badly. He hoped he could keep it up. He was sure he would. At the very least he’d have Nicole as a friend, who wasn’t in his house, but it wouldn’t matter.
Ajax took a few steps back when she jumped up to join him with the kite. He’d took a moment to take off his hat and show his totally not wild curls. He couldn’t help but laugh more freely with her, ”Laugh it up, but when we get back inside, I’ll make you run a brush through it and we’ll see how funny it is in,” Ajaccio put the hat back on his head, he brushed the curls out of his face, making sure the hat was secure. He unfurled the kite further. ”Here take this part, we should be fine here,” he handed Nicole the controls as he walked backwards with the kite itself, looking to throw it up when a particularly strong gust of wind came through the courtyard. It would carry it up and keep it in the air. ”Don’t let go, yeah,” he shouted over to her to be sure she’d hear him and would definitely not let it go.

Nicole sighed wistfully when Ajax mentioned Christmas markets in Poland. She would love to be able to talk about travelling like that so casually, he made her feel so boring in comparison. "Man, after we go to France, let's go to Poland, they're close enough, right?" She said, only half joking. Ajax's family life sounded to glamourous she was a bit embarrassed to talk about her own. "Oh, we don't do anything special, just have like a family barbecue and play gobstones on Christmas eve. And my dad always makes this awful fruitcake and we all pretend to like it but it tastes like feet," She said scrunching up her face at the memory. It sounded very tame to her compared to Poland, but Nicole still felt a sharp pang of homesickness, surprised to find she was actually looking forward to it. Even the fruitcake.

Nicole's eyes lit up when Ajax threatened to have her brush his hair. "Watch out, I'll take you up on that," She said cheekily. "I've got a bunch of hair potions and stuff in my room, maybe we could straighten it or braid it. I have clips!" She said gleefully. She used to practice her hairstyling prowess on her brother and dad at home, but Ajax's mane would be a new challenge. Taking the string and everything from Ajax, Nicole gripped tightly as he moved back, waiting for a gust. This wasn't near as nerve-wracking as skateboarding had been, so she was able to give him a confident thumbs up, still keeping a tight grip as the wind whipped around the courtyard.

Ajax smiled widely at her when she said they should go to Poland too, he gave her an excited smile, ”I’ll show you all the places you want in the world!” Ajaccio said with a wide and sincere expression, when they were old enough to he would. It would be good to show her placed, since she did seem very interested so he was more than happy to show her places if they could go. He listened to what she said about her own family christmas. He had to admit it sounded some what nice, ”My mother’s italian, so we tend to have a very Italian christmas. Huge parties with all of her family and friends, my brother has his friends round, and I usually tag along with them, even if they’re sort of the worst,” He would only be there for a few days but it always reminded him why he liked travelling more. That was what was good, those kids had just never understood him.
It didn’t matter now anyway, he had friends and they were a whole lot nicer. He grinned her her enthusiasm, ”If it rains, then we’ll go do that, I want to see you fight my hair,” he joked with her, but they were playing with the kite and that would be fun, even if he would happily say yes to her doing something to his hair. He made sure she had gripped tightly as he walked away holding the flying part of the kite. He waited a few moments and then a gust of wind blew through the area. He jumped at that moment and threw the kite into the air, pleased when it got whipped up into the air and after some drastic movements, seemed to settle a little. He looked at it and then started heading back over to Nicole, ”You managing there?” he asked as he approached.

It was a silly fantasy, talking about travelling the world together so young, but Nicole had a lot of fun thinking about it anyway, imagining being in the little Polish market Ajax had described when she was old enough to apparate and go where ever she wanted.
"Oh wow, that sounds fun!" She said, listening about Ajax's family Christmas. It was funny to think of Ajax as someone's annoying little brother though, thinking about how Ryan always tagged along with her too. "Why don't you invite your own friends instead?"

Nicole nodded happily, already planning to hold Ajax to his offer again. "I'll fight and I'll win," She said confidently. Nicole maybe wasn't super great at skateboarding, or even kite flying, but she could do hair stuff. She cheered as the wind caught the kite, pulling it into the air. It was fascinating enough to watch Nicole almost forgot she was supposed to be holding on, reeling the string in a bit as the wind tugged at it in her hands. "Yep, yep, got it," She said as Ajax made his way back over, pulling the string in and trying to pin everything against her stomach to get some leverage. "I can't remember the last time I just flew a kite. I think we used to have one but the string got all tangled even my dad could charm it loose." She laughed, not mentioning it was tangled because she'd tried to string her little brother up after he draw all over a bunch of her books.

Ajax nodded excitedly, it would be nice to travel to places with her, Nicole seemed like the sort of person who would be interested in learning about the places and that would make it all the more fun. At the question he laughed lightly, ”I didn’t have any, I spend so little time in places any friends I do make are really only temporary,” He was smiling and he spoke lightly, though it was a little frustrating to not know if he’d be a good friend long term, he would’ve always rathered be travelling and learning about the world than be able to brag about friends. It just meant that at Christmas he was stuck following his brother and his brother’s friends around the house. ”You’re my first ever real long term friend!”
Ajax smiled when she said she had it and he just stood next to her, a wide smile on his face. It was good fun, and he looked towards Nicole as she spoke. ”I haven’t flown one in years, I did some kite surfing at a beach in California in America, but that’s not really the same,” Ajaccio smiled brightly, just thinking fondly of that. ”I got bruised so badly that day, a huge gust of wind knocked me over and I hit the sand pretty hard, but no bones broken,” Ajaccio laughed as he spoke, despite it being somewhat dangerous and him having hurt himself it was still a good memory. He smiled at the kite, ”Reel it in a little, let’s see if we can’t meet some wind resistance,” Ajaccio said, it was all fine to just fly a kite but it would be good to have fun while doing so. It would be fun to control it if it was being a little more wild.

Nicole hated the idea of not having long term friends. She always felt like she'd die if she had to be alone all the time. "Maybe you should try being penpals? If you ever go travelling again, I mean," It was a bit selfish, since she figured Ajax probably enjoyed travelling a lot, but she hoped his family didn't change their minds and pull him out of school. "You'd probably have some crazy letters to share," She said, trying to imagine some of the crazy stuff she bet Ajax could get up to. "Dear penpal, today I skateboarded down a pyramid," She couldn't believe Ajax had never had like a proper friend before, though she wouldn't deny how pleased the statement made her. "No way! I can't believe you haven't really had any friends before though, I can't even imagine it," Nicole was being rude again, but Ajax seemed so at ease around her, she couldn't helping being a bit pleased that even if she wasn't as cool about things as he was, at least she'd had friends before. "I can teach you the best friends ropes, then," She said with a grin.

"Kite.. surfing?" Nicole said, trying to imagine what that would be like. "I find brooms scary enough, thanks," She said, wincing at Ajax's story and readjusting her grip on the string. Muggles sure came up with some weird ways to have fun without magic. Nodding at Ajax's suggestion, Nicole reeled the kite in, watching it dodge back and forth with the increased resistance. "I feel like we made it mad." She giggled, trying not to flinch as the kite whipped back and forth a little more violently in a gust of wind.

Ajax laughed lightly, ”I’m never in the same location, pen pals would just up with a lot of returned letters. Though maybe owls could reach me,” Ajaccio then added, almost thinking about it from the magical perspective which he’d never really done before. He just hadn’t thought that having a pen pal would be a good idea. He laughed again, ”I didn’t skateboard down it,” Ajax quickly switch to arabic as he spoke, adding with it a little wink at the statement, though he’d done nothing of the sort, the pyramids were a magical thing he didn’t want to end up even a little bit destroying with a skateboard but he had been to them and he was fairly sure she wouldn’t understand arabic. He shrugged a little when she said she couldn’t imagine him not having friends, ”I was always temporary in those places, the cool new kid,” he said before grinning widely. A best friend? They could be best friends, that was so much cooler than just a friend. ”Wow, best friend ropes! That’s too cool!” he could help the happy expression on his features about it. A best friend! That was so cool, he’d never had one of those before.
At her confusion he smile, ”Yeah, it’s surfing but with a kite, much bigger than this,” but he laughed lightly, ”Flying is so cool. I can’t wait until we actually get to fly.” he said, before watching as she reeled it in lightly and it immediately got more caught in the wind, providing much more resistance and proving to be more difficult. He let out an excited whoop and couldn’t help the wide grin. ”You’ve got it though, don’t let go!” he told her, ”You are more powerful than it,” the boy said with a grin. ”Ah man, if only we had more kites, we could’ve had a whole thing going. A whole kite party,”

Nicole listened, still enthralled with Ajax's old travelling life. She hadn't considered it might be hard to get letters when you never stay put. "That true I guess, but probably fine if you get like, a really clever owl," She said simply. Nicole had always thought the idea of penpals was pretty exciting. Every time she got an owl from a friend or her grandparents she always felt that little bit more grown up. "I know that," She giggled at Ajax's denial, pausing to listen puzzled as he switched to some other language. "What was that? How many languages can you speak?" Nicole had always thought it'd be so cool to know another language, so it made sense that Ajax would know tonnes. She could speak a bit of Maori, but that was about it, words didn't stay in her head as well as things like numbers did. "Yep, don't worry, I'm practically a friend expert, I swear," Nicole said, giving Ajax a big thumbs up. It wasn't totally true per say, but Nicole had had plenty of friends before, perhaps more than Ajax, so she was the expert here. Plus she spent enough time teaching her brother how to talk like a normal human anyway so she had practice. Though she really didn't think Ajax needed it.

Of course kite surfing would be something equally terrifying and daring, Nicole thought as Ajax explained it, eyeing their kite as it whipped around. "At least you can control brooms better than a kite, that sounds like a nightmare," She said thoughtfully. Though she'd heard about kids who went flying when it was too windy and got blown into trees and stuff, so maybe it wasn't that far off. Ajax's excitement about the kite was pretty infectious and Nicole grinned with him as the kite swooped back and forth. "You wanna go?" She asked, feeling the kite tug insistently as she moved to offer it to Ajax. With the wind picking up, it really felt like it was alive. "At least with just the one they won't get all tangled." She figured. Though a kite party did sound kinda neat, she thought, imagining all the pretty colours twirling around. Maybe they could make their own somehow, it didn't look hard.

”Fluently or conversationally?” he replied with a smirk, ”It was arabic, we spent a good few months in Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon over the years as well as some other areas, so I picked up arabic,” Ajax replied, he had always found locals were pretty happy when he spoke in their language, it was easy for him to do over the years, he’d always bbeen good at languages, he had in part always had to be learning the language and because being so immersed in the language was usually the best way to learn. ”But I speak a few, can’t tell you though, you’ll have to find out over time!” he told her with a bright smile, ”Do you speak any languages?” he asked curious, but he was more focused on the fact that she would be his friend expert, helping guide him through his first real friendship and he couldn’t help but glad that it was Nicole. She was pretty cool in his mind,
”You could probably kite surf with a broom, like you’d need be a bigger kite, and for the broom to be a little less enchanted,” Ajax was already thinking about it, it seemed a little dangerous, and he wasn’t sure if it would work, but maybe it would be something for him to try at some point. He watched the kite gleefully as it flew and he nodded excitedly. ”Of course,” he took it from her and felt the resistance immediately. He reeled it out a little, and the wind easily picked it up before it settled a little ”Wouldn’t them getting all tangled up be half the fun, you could make them dance,” the boy though out loud, he reeled the kite in slightly, and as if to demonstrate the possibility he held the reel with one and tugged at the string lightly, making it bob a little in the sky, he tugged the string from side to side and the kite make little jerky movements of the same sort, ”Maybe I should just stick to skateboarding,” he was looking back at Nicole with a smile on his features, he hadn’t quite managed what he said might be possible, but if he’d had two kites he would’ve still tried it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back