OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
November just got back from checking the house points and it seemed like so far this semester the Hufflepuff crew was quite ahead of the others. She didn't get much into the sports and activities that other students took a part of but she did earn some house points in the classes answering questions and doing well. She hadn't been trying very hard previously to this year, nor did she work hard on learning magic. But she decided it was time for her to step it up and work hard. This meant she had started to spend a lot time in the library working on her classwork instead of just reading for fun, which she often did. Most of the time she went into the library and out without any trouble. However this time was different. As she walking in, looking down at her Transfiguration book, reading over some of the sections she wanted to study more she bumped right into another student.

Surprised, November looked up shocked as her books and belongings fell to the floor. The ginger hair in front of her was immediately recognizable to the young Hufflepuff. It was Ainsley Lynch, another Hufflepuff girl in her own year. They hadn't ever shared a dorm room together but they had been in many classes and of course at the same Hufflepuff table for every meal. November knew who Ainsley was, although she didn't know much about her. November's mind went blank as with what she should say, she wasn't really sure who was at fault or if Ainsley would be the time to get mad with November. "Oh! I'm really sorry," she quickly muttered as she dropped down the floor to pick up her notes and books and separate out anything that wasn't her's and therefore must have been Ainsley's.

A sunny summer day seemed the perfect time for some reading. A couple of books in her arms to return, Ainsley padded softly down the hallway in her bare feet, thinking about what she wanted to read next. She would get another couple of books out, head downstairs, and spend an afternoon relaxing in the sun. Amber was... even busier than usual right now, and Ainsley found herself without much of anything to do, with her best friend preoccupied.

As usual, as Ainsley wandered she got lost in her thoughts, wondering what Amber would wear to the yule ball, and whether they would dance together, and she didn't even realise she was on a collision course with another girl until it was much too late. She yelped, almost falling over, and dropped her books in fright. "Oh! I'm sorry!" Ainsley said quickly, crouching down to help the other girl separate their books. "I was in a bit of a daydream, I wasn't watching where I was going... are you alright?"

November was pleasantly surprised she wasn't being yelled at for being dumb or something similar. She didn't know much about Ainsley and she wasn't sure if the girl even knew who she was. Sure, they were in the same year but November had had a hard time fitting into the magical school and making friends. She had made a few friends before school started but then they were all put into different houses, and then she stopped seeing those people. Although, that was changing as she was studying with one friend for the Care of Magical Creatures exam. She hoped that it would help her become more open. Her twin sister always told November to be more open and to speak more. November knew she couldn't wait around for someone to see her, she did had to make some first moves if she wanted to have friends at this point.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine. I was reading. It's my fault," November said scrambling back up from the floor handing over anything she found that had been Ainsley's and not her own. She was in slight awe of how red the girl's hair was up close. Having boring dark blonde hair November wondered what it was like to have something so bright on your head. Smiling slightly November wondered if she should say anything else to the girl in front of her or continue her way into the library. Honestly, November was feeling more overwhelmed by the run in than she'd care to be and the library was far from her mind at the moment. "Uhm, November," she said holding her hand out to the girl as an introduction.

((AAA I'M SO SORRY! I completely forgot to check this thread D= sorry!!!))

Ainsley gathered up her books quickly, blushing slightly. It had been so long since she had gotten so lost daydreaming in a corridor that she actually walked into something. Ainsley had rather hoped that she had been getting the hang of going to a school with so many other people around, but clearly she wasn't doing as well as she thought. Back to reminding herself regularly to pay attention in the hallways, she supposed.

Ainsley shook her head, smiling nervously. "No, it's my fault. I used to walk into people all the time when I was daydreaming. It's a bad habit, I'm sorry." She said gently, standing up with her armful of books. She was a little surprised when the other girl suddenly said her own name. Did she not recognise Ainsley? She always felt like she was somewhat distinctive in their year group, if for no other reason than how tall she was for her age. "I know who you are..." She said a little hesitantly. "We're in the same year and house, I'm Ainsley..."

((and I disappeared for awhile, we already have a bad record for these two xD))

November noticed the girl's face turning pinker than it had been before. She decided however not to mention the fact as she was sure her face might be blushing as well. It wasn't often that she bumped into people causing things to be scattered in front of other people. She was glad that it didn't seem as though many others were walking by seeing the collision that took place. She did find it funny that both of them had been doing other things when they collided. At least Ainsley didn't have her head in book, November was pretty sure a bruise was going to form on her face and she'd look like she'd been in a fight.

"Well, either way I think we'll both live so that's good," November said with a laugh. She was joking so she hoped Ainsley didn't think it was a weird thing to say. She already felt as though she shouldn't have said it. "You do?" November said in reply to the other teen. She was surprised, she didn't think anyone really knew her, after all November didn't spend their first two years of school really trying to make friends once classes had started. "Yeah we are, I just didn't think you'd know who I was," November said shyly moving her hand back down to her side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back