OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ngawaiata
Over the holiday Sky had started to practice playing the guitar. she liked the idea of being able to play and have a go at singing all at once. maybe one day composing her own songs. though she was not sure if she had enough of a way with words to do that, maybe in Norwegian. but making rhymes in English she wasn't sure. sheh ad decided to huddle herself up in one of the practice booths with one of the guitars. her music and chords laid out in front of her. as she started to strum she sang along slowing the song down so that she could get the patterns and movements right. it was an old muggle song that she liked. she had been a popular singer. but this was onf their less popular songs. by the time she was part way though she was lost in the music trying to play it from memory. She hadn't really thought bout the song or why it was one that resinated with her even though there were easier songs, better songs, more well known songs. once she got the rhythm of it she closed her eyes. she knew the song well enough to be able to get the lyrics from her memory and she had the feel of the song and the basic progression, she could do the rest from memory and feeling, pausing every now and then to find a string, who's idea was it to have six, or restart after she put her fingers on the wrong fretts leaving a jaring pause in the music. as she played letting the song bring memories and thoughts to her mind. not of the person the song was about but about her friends, or rather one friend in particular. without even thinking she switched a couple of lyrics singing a bout a real her instead of a unknown him.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry this has taken so long to post. i was trying to find the song. but decided to leave it ambiguous as to what she is singing

Nolan was glad to be back at school, again, he had been a bit reluctant to go back due to what had happened during the break. But he felt a bit better and glad that he was away from home. The boy still hadn't played his guitar since what happened. Even though the boy had decided to bring it to school, he still hadn't touched his guitar at all. Though he did carry his guitar case around with him from time to time, but he still hadn't been able to play it. He thought to at least try and play his guitar in the arts room to see if that would spark his interest to play again. As Nolan walked into the arts room, he could hear the sound of a guitar being played as well as some singing. He slowly then entered the arts room and noticed that it was Sky. He stood by the entrance as he continued to listen for a bit before he cleared his throat. "Hey... I hope I'm not interrupting or anything. Is that a song you wrote yourself?"

"and she's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, the only one who'se got me wishing on a wishing star" Niamh sang focusing more on the finger positioning than what she was saying. she hadn't realised that she was not on her own in here, or that the door had opened and someone was standing in the doorway. "she walks by me, can she tell that I can't breathe? And there she goes, so perfectly, The kind of flawless I wish I cou... she sung before she heard the noise from behind her. "hva!" she exclaimed. jolting to a stop "Oh Nolan, thank god it's you" she said glad that is wasn't one of her other friends who had heard her. "oh, no, it isn't, it's Taylor Swift, an old muggle singer my mum sometimes listens to, and this song is one of her easiest to play" she said.

Nolan was impressed with Sky's singing and guitar playing. "You're quite good. Did you start learning over the break?" Nolan said with a small smile as he then slowly made his way closer to the girl. "Is it alright if I join you?" Nolan says with a small smile as he points to one of the spare seats nearby her. He nodded when Sky then spoke about the song. "Ah, I see. I think I've heard of her and a couple of her songs" Nolan says with a small nod and smile. He had remembered during one of his breaks that he had gone searching to try and hear of the muggle music and they did sound interesting. "Something on your mind? Or was it something that randomly came to mind for ya to play?"

Sky blushed slightly as Nolan said she was quite good. She had not known anyone was listening much less expected any compliments. ”thank you. I have plaid a little before. But I really worked on it over the holidays and tried to actually learn a few songs. she said.
she nodded when Nolan asked if he could join and she offered out the guitar to him. She wasn’t sure what to say when Nolan asked if there was anything on her mind. nothing in particular. It was one of her easiest songs. It is about her having a crush on this guy, her friend who has a girlfriend then she stopped realising what she said looking down slightly oh” she said looking around at anything that wasn’t Nolan.

Nolan smiled a little when Sky explained about her playing a little during the break. "For playing a little, it's quite good," Nolan says with a small smile. He then took a seat as Sky seemed okay with the fact that he could join her. He shook his head a little. "Oh, don't worry, I brought my own guitar. But thanks anyways" Nolan says with a small smile as he noticed that she was offering a guitar to him. Though he wasn't sure if he was in the mood to play anything at this stage. Nolan then listened as Sky then spoke about the song, though it seemed like Sky had spilled the beans. He wasn't totally sure about what was happening with the whole situation, but he kind of guessed. "Ah... I see... Did you wanna talk about it at all?" Nolan offered. He wasn't going to push Sky if she didn't wanna talk about it.

Niamh smiled at the compliment. she was pretty pleased with her progress though she knew she wasn't particularly good. "Thank you." she said.

had she said what she thought she had said? it wasn't something she had even actively thought about. the song and her thoughts and her feelings and her crush. but somehow that connection had been made in her brain. she looked back to the door and got up and closed it and locked it with a wave of her wand. "you have to promise not to tell molly" she said. as she returned to her seat and pudding the guitar on her lap and putting her arms on it like she was giving it a hug. that was one thing about guitars they were a good size to hug. "I don't know what there is to talk about. no, i don't know what to say or who to say it to. but i think you realised what i was saying before i did." she said all the time while she had spoken she had been looking around the room but now she looked at nolan. A look somewhere between confusion and pleading and an apology in her face.

Nolan looked confused when Sky said not to mentioned not to tell anything to his sister. "I mean, cross my heart I won't tell her. But if it's something dangerous I might." Nolan said with concern. Nolan had hoped that Sky wasn't in any sort of danger. He nodded understanding a little at Sky's statement. "I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I don't wanna make you uncomfortable" Nolan explained with a small smile, reassuring the girl. He tilted his head a little to the side. "I dunno if it is what I think you said. But I promise I won't tell Molly"

Sky raised her hand as though she was about to pinky promise before she realised that she was fourteen and Nolan was even older. And they had probably outgrown pinky promises ages ago. But there was something about this type of conversation that made her feel like an innocent child. "It isn't anything dangerous. But could mess up the dorm, the dorm, the dorm balance a lot" she said. Struggling to find the word she was looking for. She wasn't sure balance was right either. But it was the best she could find.
She thought for a second as Nolan said that she didn't have to tell him. "I think I do. or I should. Before it messes me up inside. and I dont know who else I can tell." she said not realising that was something she was feeling until it was out in the air or that she had given that much thought to it. "and if you are thinking what I think you think you you heard me say then yes" she said. Sighing and slumping onto the instrument in a way that she was sure her mum would not appreciate. "I have a crush on someone who I shouldn't. And I can't the people I would usually tell because it will mess everything up I know we aren't proper friends. But I like you, and we have some kind of history of something like friendship" she said thinking of the time they had been on a valentines dance date. And how the date had been a disaster, but they had gotten to know each other a little better, and it had felt nice leaving as friends. Molly and Renata would mess up the dorm dynamic and the entire dorms friendships, she could not see Giulia particularly interested in talks of crushes or dating seeing as she never really talked about it. And telling Leo seemed laughable.

edit: fixing up my atrocious spelling. That is what happens when you post when you are that sleepy

Last edited:
Nolan sighed in relief when Sky told him that it wasn't dangerous. Though he frowned a little when she mentioned messing up the dynamic of her dorm room. He had hoped that Molly wasn't causing any sort of trouble. "You can tell me if you want. Take the time you need. I won't force you to if you're uncomfortable. I promise I won't tell. I can pinky promise you if you like" Nolan explained, reassuring his friend. He didn't want to force the girl if she didn't want to tell him.

From what he had heard earlier, it had seemed like Sky had a crush on someone. His thoughts were correct when she had confirmed it herself. "I see," Nolan says with a small nod. He put all his attention on the girl and listened intently as she spoke about what was on her mind. "Oh... I see... You're allowed to have a crush on someone, even if you think you're not supposed to. I'm afraid that's just how crushes work" Nolan says with a reassuring smile, as he touched his friend's shoulder to comfort his friend. "I'm guessing it's someone in your dorm? The person you have a crush on? Is it Molly? Is that why you don't want me to tell her?" Nolan asked his friend. Though, maybe he shouldn't have assumed. "We're friends, Sky. You can tell me whatever makes you comfortable, even with our odd history" Nolan says reassuringly with a chuckle.

sky chuckled softly at Nolans comment about a pinky promice though she didn't follow though with it. she listened as nolan spoke. there was something reassuring about him. his words. he felt like a wise big brother. which she supposed he was just not her non existant wise big brother. as he spoke and put his arm around her she rested her head on his shoulder it was nice and comfortable having him there she nodded at the first question then shook her head. before realising that the gestures would probably be hard to differentiate from the outside. "it's not Molly" she said her voice catching. only then realising that her cheeks were wet and her mouth tasted like salt. with only the three of them in the dorm it was obvious who it was. but it was easier to say it wasn't molly than it was renata. she smiled damply at his next comment. "Even with our history. I am glad we are friends, i like you, you're cool and easy to talk to. " she said. before realising what it could sound like."and wile it seems obvious, i mean i like you as a big brother friend, i am well and truly over my crush on you" she said glad that they had reached a point where they could look on it and make a joke.

Nolan nodded when Sky had mentioned that the crush was in fact not on Molly. Which he thought was a slight relief as he wasn't sure if he could hide that secret from his sister. But Nolan had realised that there was only one other person in the dorm room from what his sister had told him. However, Nolan didn't mention or say anything about that. "Oh, I see. I haven't gone through this experience myself, so I don't think I'll be the best person to get advice from" Nolan says with a small chuckle. Though he was happy that Sky was open to telling him what was on her mind. "I guess it's gonna be awkward for a bit, but I'm sure everything will be okay eventually," Nolan says with a small smile and shrugs.

Nolan chuckled and nodded in agreement at Sky's statement. "I'm glad we're friends too Sky. And you can tell me anything, especially if you can't come to Molly about it. It will stay between us" Nolan says with a small smile, as he then gestured between the two of them. He appreciated the fact that Sky had looked up to him like a big brother if he was being honest. He also considered Sky like a little sister, even with the odd history that they had.

Sky nodded slightly as Nolan said that it wasn't something he had experienced. "I wouldn't have thought it would be. I know a few other people have. someone else wrote into aunt meg about it last year, and there was Casper and his boyfriend, but I don't think it is normal" she said. she chuckled as he said that things would be awkward for a while. "oh, It has been" she said. holding some strings down and idly strumming the strings.
she looked at Nolan before slowly looking away. "I do know that. but thank you for saying it." she said. "you know you can talk to me about things too. Molly is worried about you. if you want to talk to someone who isn't family I'm here and wont tell her, or anyone else" she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back