Corrine Lagos

7th Year | Cullen <3
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Ebony Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Corrine was not much of an artist in spite of her parents occupations. She did have a great admiration for art in genetal, and when she was immensely bored, she did sometimes try her hand at creating something. Today, she was working on a simple paint by numbers where all she had to do was hold her wand to the page and state the color she wanted. It was great fun, and she already had a guess as to what she'd end up with when she finished - a bird of some kind.

Wearing a smock over her blouse simply because it made her feel like an artist, Corrine was happy to keep to herself though she smiled at another person off in the corner doing their own thing.

Xena had fast decided that she didn't care about popularity anymore. It might have had something to do with the fact that no one really cared about her or knew her name, but she wasn't about to admit that to anyone. Nope, she decided that she was too good for everyone at this stupid school anyway. There were definitely bigger and better things waiting for her once she had left school, she just had to get through it. Still, Xena held her head high as she strutted around the Castle. She still made sure that she looked good; there was no excuse not to. And she still made sure that she had the best clothes on. The sun was wonderful, Xena absolutely loved January weather, so she had made her way outside, before entering a room she hadn't been in before. It was rather quiet, and Xena felt this was the best place to write to her parents, instructing what dress she would like made for the Valentines Dance, and who she would like to design it. Of course she was still going to go - imagine missing that. At a glance up from her letter, she caught eyes with the only other person in the room, who smiled at her. Xena smiled back. She recognized the girl's face, but had no idea who she was (or who she was wearing for that manner). Finishing off the last of her instructions, Xena put the letter in her bag before hopping out of her seat and making her way to the girl. She looked at the interesting colors on the page, tilting her head. "What are you doing?" She asked, curiously.

Corrine was surprised when the girl walked over. She recognized her easily enough. They were in the same year, and four years in, she knew most of the faces even if she didn't know their names. Like this girl. Corrine had no idea what it was, though she had the faintest idea that it wasn't something like Susan or Carol. She didn't look like either of those anyway, not dressed like she was. Immediately feeling a bit dowdy in what she was wearing, a plain white blouse and a blue skirt, Corrine replied. "Uh, pretending I can paint" she replied honestly, her wand hovering over another space as she glanced up at the girl before her. "What were you, uh, doing?" she asked.

At the girl's reply, Xena couldn't help but giggle. She didn't seem to have any paints with her, but seeing the page colored in, the Slytherin girl was impressed. She didn't even know they could do something like that. Xena knew the basics, but figured that with her future, she didn't need to know much else. Though she would love to get into the family business, fashion designing was definitely her true calling, and she was sure she'd have a business on the side for that. Xena was fairly decent at her jinxes and charms; you needed to be to go after dragons, but she grew up with that so it was almost second nature to her. Xena took out her paper and showed it to the girl upon her question. "I'm just designing my dress for the Valentines Dance." She stated, proudly. Xena moved backwards to the table behind her, slightly jumping up so she was sitting on it, before crossing her legs and leaning forward, her elbow on her knee, her chin in her hand. "Are you going? With anyone?" She grinned cheekily.

Corrine was impressed. She loved looking at fashion magazines even if her own style fell far short of anything she saw in a magazine. She favored skirts and flats and blouses, but her style was different. Her mother said it was unique, het sister eccentric. Corrine had kicked her when she'd said that. "That's amazing" she admitted though she didn't even have any time for following up with other questions before the girl asked one of her own. Corrine dropped her gaze, hiding behind her hair slightly. "Me? Nonono. I'm not going" she stated, rather embarrassed by her admission. She'd normally ask Syrus if he wanted to go, but now that she suspected he was into Amy, it felt wrong. "You?" she asked, always curious about what her peers were doing. She knew she was dreadfully behind on many things.

The compliment on her work from the other girl made Xena grin. She definitely didn't mind the ego boost. Though Xena was confident in herself, she'd never turn down a compliment or a bit of flattery, just to remind herself and others how amazing she was; which, to be honest, was pretty amazing.
At the girl's response about not going to the dance, Xena sat up, her mouth dropped open slightly in surprise. "What?!" She exclaimed. "No no no, listen um - what's your name?" The girl responded and Xena nodded, continuing her tirade. "Great, I'm Xena. Listen Corrine, there is no way you're missing that dance, why would you want to miss it? Yes of course I'm going, I just showed you my dress." Xena tutted, before jumping off the table she was sitting on, excited at the opportunity to help someone get ready for the dance. "Why aren't you going? Is it because you don't have a dress? Because I can help with that! Or is it because you don't have anyone to go with, because we can totally go as friends, there's no one here I'd really want to go with anyway." She spoke fast, the ideas fluttering to her head as she spoke. Xena hoped the girl would take her up on the offer to at least help her with a dress, though she wouldn't be able to get one designed for her, she'd gladly take her shopping to help find one.

Corrine was a bit floored as the girl- Xena her name was- immediately jumped into action, clearly feeling strongly about Corrine not going to the dance. She stammered an apology, feeling a little silly for having asked if she was going after she'd already said so. She shook her head as the girl asked if it was because she lacked a dress. She wouldn't have anything nearly as fancy as what Xena had been working on, but she could make do if she wanted to go. She owned a lot of dresses, so surely one of them could pass as a dress for the dance or made to work. A small shrug followed the next question. She'd only just met Xena so there would've been no way for her to know that she'd want to go as friends. "Really? no one?" she asked, both surprised that no one had asked a girl as pretty as Xena, and that she didn't appear interested in anyone.

The apology went over Xena's head as she was already imagining the type of dress she'd have designed for Corrine if she could. Corrine seemed a lot quieter than Xena, she didn't have much to say in reply, or even tell Xena why she wasn't going to the dance. On Corrine's question, Xena shook her head. "Nah, don't you think most of the boys our age are a bit yuck and immature? An older boy, like Cairo or - Zared Katsaros, now them, I wouldn't say no to!" Xena sighed dreamily, though disappointed that all the older boys were either taken, or simply not interested; though the Slytherin girl had no idea why, what wasn't to love about her? "What about you Corrine? Isn't there anybody you want to ask?"

"You think so? They're not so bad" she mused, though she was only speaking about one boy in particular. Tristan Collins. She'd had a crush on him for a long, long time. But, now he seemed to be dating someone. At least, Corrine had seen him with someone at the Yule Ball, and she assumed they were. She wasn't friends enough with Tristan to ask and a part of her didn't want to know anyway. She preferred to live in her daydreams. "Zared Is cute" she agreed with a smile, but then added with a quick shake of her head. "But Cairo, I don't know. I've heard his sister's super protective and isn't against fighting dirty." It was interesting to hear what another girl thought about the boys at school. "Ummm, not really. I don't know. The guy I like is dating someone and I don't really like anyone else" she shrugged.

Xena shook her head when Corrine said they weren't that bad. She probably only disagreed because no one was paying any attention to her, but she figured that if they weren't going to chase her, they weren't worth the effort. To make herself feel better though, Xena definitely told herself and anyone who would listen, that boys her age we stupid. Xena grinned when Corrine agreed with her thoughts about Zared, happy that the girl seemed to have at least some sense of style. She shrugged her shoulders at the Corrine's thoughts about Cairo. "Well, I suppose he was made just for looking then." Xena giggled. She understood families being protective, though her family was large, they were all close and looked out for each other. If someone hurt any of them, she wouldn't be against fighting dirty either. Xena's eyebrows lifted when Corrine said she fancied someone. "Ooh, who is it? See this is why you should go! Show him what he's missing out on."

Corrine covered her mouth as she giggled. "I guess so" she laughed. Xena was definitely more cool than Corrine ever felt, and she felt kind of special that Xena had come over to her. She didn't have a chance to think any more about that as Xena picked up on what she had said. Corrine blushed, shaking her head before she stammered out a response. "Oh...no...I...I don't think I'm his type." Corrine recalled haviing seen him at the dance with another boy. One who was in her house. Seeing that Xena wasn't going to let up until she got a name, Corrine mumbled it. "Tristan Collins." She couldn't believe she'd just told another person. "But please don't tell anyone. He already must think I'm a loser. I uh once sent him a rose and a really stupid note" she could feel her face burning up. Only Merlin knew why she was telling this girl so much.

Xena grinned when Corrine agreed with her. There was nothing wrong with a little bit of eye candy. She was sure the boys thought the same about girls anyway. The Slytherin girl watched as Corrine shook her head, a small pout on her face, but the girl told her eventually. A grin grew on Xena's face, realizing who it was. "Tristan?!" She exclaimed. She had beaten him in the previous dueling competition and was bound to be competing against him again. If Corrine wasn't his type, it was easily because she could do better than him. "My lips are sealed, but, oh my gosh, what did it say?" Xena asked eagerly, leaning forward and leaning her folded arms on the desk. She couldn't imagine ever sending her own rose unless she was exclusive with them. "Is he really someone you want to date?" If he was, Xena would do whatever she could to help it happen.

Corrine knew her face was very red when she heard Xena's exclamation. This was the first time she'd admitted her crush aloud aside from when Tristan had found out about it. "That I had a crush on him" she rolled her eyes at herself, "and I signed it accidently." She still couldn't believe she'd been that dumb. Corrine kicked her legs out slightly as she shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. He's nice to look at, and he's always nice in class. Sometimes he sits next to me in class even" she explained, not really answering the question.

Corrine's face was going red, so Xena knew she had to tone it down a little. Being embarrassed about something was never fun. Still, when the Gryffindor said that the note had told Tristan that she had a crush, Xena couldn't help but groan slightly. "Oh Merlin." She muttered. How on earth did she sign it accidentally?! "Yep, I suppose he is not bad looking. Has he - uh - said anything about the note?"

"Not since he got it" she scrunched her nose, her cheeks flushing again. "We agreed never to speak of it again" she added dramatically. Corrine couldn't believe she was speaking of it again. She covered her face in her hands for a second, remembering that day. "Please, let's talk about anything else" she groaned and then let out a small laugh. She couldn't believe how dumb she had been.

Xena nodded her head when Corrine told her that they decided not to speak of it again. In her experience, if someone wasn't interested in her, she always found it super easy to move on and chase someone else, but perhaps it wasn't an easy decision for other people, as Corrine was seemingly showing. Xena couldn't imagine pining after someone who had brushed her off, but maybe she hadn't come across anyone worth it yet. The Slytherin girl laughed when Corrine asked if they could talk about something else. "Yes, alright I'm sorry." She giggled. "Did you go and watch the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor Quidditch game the other day? I usually don't unless it's Slytherin playing, but one can only take so much studying."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back