Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
  • Pages:
Slytherin Quidditch Practice; S1
Topic Started: May 31 2018, 11:54 AM (832 Views)
Odette Harper
Member Avatar
Manipulative | Insecure | Captain & Beater | Learning to Cope | QQS Assistant

Slytherin,PracticeWith the shame of their defeat still fresh in her mind, Odette called a practice. She knew they needed to become better, more used to playing as a team. The loss to Ravenclaw had largely been down to luck, as both seekers were very inexperienced, but it still made her feel annoyed. If anyone in her team didn't do their best, she would have no problem swapping them out for an alternate that might have a bit less skill but more will to try. They needed determination and willpower more than anything, and Odette needed to encourage her team members to give it everything they had. She arrived early to the Quidditch Pitch, doing a few laps to warm up before touching down and waiting with the box of equipment at her side for the team to arrive. If anyone didn't show for this practice, they would get an earful from her. As her team started to arrive, Odette instructed them to do laps until she started practice.

[ooc]This practice will be open for two weeks, which should be plenty of time for everyone to post a few times. I will be looking at activity during this practice to determine my line up for the next match. Alternates can be placed in any position for the match if needed. Please just do arrivals for now, though I will not be waiting long to officially open practice.[/ooc]
Edited by Odette Harper, May 31 2018, 11:57 AM.
Posted Image
Biography | Aesthetic | Relationships

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sapphire Michaels
Member Avatar
Snarky - Overly Protective - Clever - Sweet Tooth

Sapphire made her way to the Quidditch Pitch. She was determined to do the best she could. Sapphire Streak in hand, she waited for the other members of her team to show up. She was boiling after that last game. Seeing Leda get hit- twice, no less, was more than enough to tick her off. If she could get into the game, she would do her best to make sure nothing touched the redhead. Ever. She wasn't sure about any of the others on the team yet, but as they won her loyalty they might get her ardent protection as well. Not that they didn't have some form of it already, but she had to admit that at the moment her focus was on the fiery seeker.

She smiled at Odette as she came onto the field, nodding as the older girl instructed her to take laps until the others arrived. Sapphire nodded and kicked off. She was small and she was fast, but it couldn't hurt to build up her endurance.
Posted Image
Song~Bio~Aesthetics Banner By Claire
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leda Layton
Member Avatar
Dervish & Banges Assistant Wild Seeker Your story teller

[justify]Leda was still a bit disheartened from the fact she'd not caught the snitch in their last game. It was because of her that they hadn't won and even though the third year was doing her best not to show it, she had started to doubt whether she was good enough to be on the team at all. Spotting Odette out on the field she wasn't sure what to make of her Captain. She had seemed supportive enough at the game but she didn't know if that was just a mask to cover up her true feelings. Sapphire was already in the air when she arrived, and with a nervous smile to the blonde, Leda kicked off from the ground to join her teammate as they waited for the others to arrive.
[/justify]
Posted Image
Posted Image
B I O G R A P H Y A E S T H E T I C
Thank you Claire for the amazing banner!!

Jasmine Wolfe
Member Avatar
Cutsie | Underestimated | Day Dreamer | Ferocious | Chaser

Jasmine walked down to the Qudditch Pitch with Antonio while discussing the result of the last game. She was excited to practice with her team as it would give them all a chance to see how well they would all work together and see what they needed to improve on. Jasmine knew Odette was a good captain so she was confident that the older Slytherin would be able to lead the team well. Once she reached the pitch she greeted her fellow team mates and waited for the practice to begin.
Posted Image
Biography

Liam Waldgrave
Member Avatar
Half Swedish | Extreme flirt | Beater | Alpha Male | Charming

Liam hated losing. Just like being rejected by a girl. It was painfull and it was his first game ever. And now it was a stupid memory. The blonde boy entered the pitch for a practice. She was glad that Odette called them together so soon. He saw the group and walked over to them. " Hi Team! " Liam said with a small smile. They had to believe in their strenghts and he was confident it would be fine.
Edited by Liam Waldgrave, May 31 2018, 04:08 PM.
Posted Image
Biography | Aesthetic | Thanks Rowan! | Theme

Hayden Lavish
Member Avatar
Eldest of four | Ambitious | Selfish | Keeper

Hayden made his way down to the pitch for the first practice since their opening loss. Losing sucked and he just hoped Odette wasn't taking it too hard. He walked out onto the pitch and waited for practice to start.
Posted Image
Biography

Odette Harper
Member Avatar
Manipulative | Insecure | Captain & Beater | Learning to Cope | QQS Assistant

Once everyone had arrived, Odette called them to attention before speaking. "I'm releasing the snitch and bludgers now! Practice will last until I blow the whistle. Try to let all the chasers have a turn at scoring." She stated before opening the crate. After the bludgers and snitch flew out, she tossed up the quaffle as well. Odette didn't wait to see who caught it, instead zooming after one of the bludgers. She gave it a whack in the direction of Liam and it zoomed off in another direction, nearly hitting Leda but only grazing her arm. Odette sighed. She needed to work on her aim.

[ooc]If you haven't had the chance to RP arriving yet, just combine it with starting practice in one post.[/ooc]
Edited by Odette Harper, Jun 1 2018, 01:50 AM.
Posted Image
Biography | Aesthetic | Relationships

Leda Layton
Member Avatar

[justify]As the practise began, Leda quickly took to the skies. She knew she was going to have to work on improving as much as she could between now and the next game and did want to let the team down again. Careful to avoid the bludgers she hoped (doubtfully) no one would target her, as the bruises that remained in her arms were still healing.
[/justify]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hayden Lavish
Member Avatar

Once practice began Hayden mounted his broom and took his position in front of the hoops and waited for the chasers to try and get past him.
Posted Image
Biography

Leda Layton
Member Avatar

[justify]This time she'd decided to leave her goggles in her room. Leda didn't think they've proved particularly useful last game, and she wondered if they were the reason she'd missed. She began searching the air for any sign of the snitch.
[/justify]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Antonio Rey-Martinez
Member Avatar
Strong and Silent | Brooding | Alt. Beater

Antonio was eater for practice so when Odette began he quickly climbed on his broom and began taking laps. Once the bludgers were released he was laser focus on hitting them. He hadn't been impressed with Liam's performance in the game and it was perfectly clear he was a better beater than him. He just hoped he'd get a chance to prove it. When he noticed a beater in the corner of his eyes he stopped and cracked his club against it and it found its way toward his fellow beater Liam. Oops.
Aesthetic

Leda Layton
Member Avatar

[justify]Leda noticed out the corner of her eye that one of her teammates just met the pain of a bludger, and she shuddered at the thought of it, but pressed on in her snitch quest.
[/justify]
Posted Image
Posted Image

Antonio Rey-Martinez
Member Avatar
Strong and Silent | Brooding | Alt. Beater

Antonio ignored any reaction from Liam and continued to fly around the pitch.
Aesthetic

Hayden Lavish
Member Avatar

Hayden couldn't help but laugh when he saw Liam get hit by a bludger. Maybe if he knew what it felt like he'd wake up and follow the games closer. Once Liam was back to flying normally Hayden turned his attention back to practice.
Posted Image
Biography

Leda Layton
Member Avatar

[justify]Leda hoped soon she would find this tiny ball.
[/justify]
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Quidditch Pitch · Next Topic »
  • Pages: