Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Minister for Magic: Elections; *Archived*
Topic Started: Mar 10 2018, 09:12 PM (1,947 Views)
Professor Cyndi Kingsley
Member Avatar
HNZ Class of 2023/ Gryffindor HoH/Mom of 3

The political side of HNZ is about to heat up! :emzies:

Having been in charge for nearly a decade, Cameron Kingsley's time as Minister for Magic is nearing its end. With that in mind, it's time to see who will step up, ready, willing, and capable of leading NZ's wizarding community for another (IC) decade. :o

What will this plot include?

Finding candidates!
Debates! Campaigns! Scandals? Oh my.
Daily Prophet Coverage!
An election leading to...a new Minister!

There are many ways for your characters to be involved- reading the paper and commenting on the action, attending a campaign event to back or jeer a candidate , running as a candidate, and so much more!

More information and plots will be unveiled in the main line of this plot (and added to the calendar) as time passes.
We've got some great fun in store for the debates and how they'll be run, and how you can be involved even if your character isn't running.

In the very, very near future, the application to be considered as a candidate will be launched. Please stay tuned for that, but by all means, get started enjoying what is set to be a very fun IC year outside of the school. But remember, the plot will only be as good as you make it, so get involved and stay involved! ;) ^_^

Can't wait to see the RPs!

Cyndi
(on behalf of the site staff)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Biography*****Relationships*****Engagement Ring
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daisy Parker
Member Avatar
| Cheeky | Strong - willed | Seventh Year Lion | Splendid

Omgggg exciting!
Posted ImageThank you Annaleise!!BIOGRAPHY . DEVELOPMENT . AESTHETICPosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Amber Chou Wilson
Member Avatar
Sixth Year | Cheerful | Friendly | Outgoing | Overachiever | Gladrags Employee | Heta Omega Social Chair | ♡ Ainsley

Tristan's brewing an aging potion to join as we speak :r

Hahah but seriously, this seems so exciting! I can't wait to see where this goes!
Posted Image
BIOGRAPHY | AESTHETIC | RELATIONSHIPS | SPOTLIGHT | AMBER & AINSLEY
OOC

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

~Professor Jon Phillips
Member Avatar
Muggle Studies 5-7 Movie and Video game buff Awkward

Very excited about this :woot:

Posted Image
biography relationships aesthetic Claire made the amazing sig!!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

~Professor Katherine Alicastell
Member Avatar
Hogwarts Headmistress Wizengamot Interrogator

[justify]Agatha the Hag 4 Minister
[/justify]
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rama Mowry
Member Avatar
tinker + 6th year violence prone

Professor Katherine Alicastell
Mar 10 2018, 11:48 PM
[justify]Agatha the Hag 4 Minister
[/justify]
WINNER!
Posted Image
Website Tracker (thanks teigs!!)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Professor Cyndi Kingsley
Member Avatar

I said soon. :P . With it already being IC February, we'd like to get this rolling. Please read the following carefully if interested.

Minister for Magic Candidacy Applications are ready!

Just [Hidden Content: Login/Register to View] to begin the application!
Some things to keep in mind when filling out the application are that:
- Candidates must be at least over the age of majority (17 years of age) to run. However, older is recommended.
- Students do not have permission to apply. Applications submitted by student accounts will not be received. (Literally. They will never show up.)
- Candidates must be law-abiding citizens in New Zealand's wizarding society. (You can apply if not, and may even be accepted, but you will eventually be discovered by aurors.)
- Several candidates will be approved. If you apply, you should be devoted to having your character be an active participant in this process. Please see the first post for an idea of what you'll be expected to be involved in.
- Candidates should have some sort of political background.

We wish you the best of luck! Any questions/concerns can be posted here. :)

Just a few extra notes:
- Any users interested in having their character run are welcome and encouraged to apply. :)
- We don't have a particular number of candidates in mind, though it's likely to be a similar amount to the last campaign.

And, as I've said, it's not the admin selecting who ends up being minister in the end. :) It's characters controlled by members. So it's a campaign for real. And it should be great fun if people participate in all aspects or the plot.

We look forward to reviewing your applications! Best of luck!

~Cyndi
(on behalf of the site staff)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

James Cade
Member Avatar
Class of 2046 | Gryffindor Graduate | Thunderers seeker | Cade campaign intern

I'll just put away my JC4MM hashtag then. :r
Posted ImageBio | Relationships | Aesthetic | Finally!
Posted Image

OOC
Offline Profile Goto Top

Samual Kaster
Member Avatar
Optimistic | Avid Baker | 2034 Gryffindor Head Boy

[justify]I would just like to say as someone who was involved last time, this was a lot of fun! I'd only created Carter not long before all of this and I hadn't developed much of a background for him. This campaign changed so much of how Carter was originally supposed to be and I immensely enjoyed every moment of it. I strongly encourage anyone who is interested to please apply. If you are chosen and even if you don't win, you'll have so much fun in the group ups and everything, I swear it's the most fun I'd had on HNZ in ages! Group rps are always fun, but even more fun are the group rps with a meaning and you'll rp with people you never would otherwise, it forces you to think about how your character would respond on a public stage.

Being involved in any way is amazing, you gain such an experience (and working with the admin is a hoot!) I look forward to seeing everyone who applies. I'm rooting for all of you!
[/justify]
..Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Superlatives

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Professor Cyndi Kingsley
Member Avatar

Applications will be closing by the end of the week. To date, we have not received many applications. :( We are hoping to make this a fun campaign season, but we need your help and involvement in order to make that happen. This is a site wide plot, and this is your opportunity to play a bigger role in site plots. We hope that you'll consider applying.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chante Ateara
Member Avatar
madlyn & chayton's ♥ little giant (5'7) chatter box sioux tribe sda aspiring cook?? like a rubik's cube

[justify]Please apply! There should be applicants of all kinds. :P
Come on, don't make me beg?!

Okay, I will!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

=))

Okay, I'm done!!
[/justify]
thanks claire ♥
Posted Image
biography* &. muse* &. aesthetic &. in-action

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

Nadia Kaster
Member Avatar
Daily Prophet Journalist | Moonchild

[justify]^^ Seconded!
[/justify]
Posted Image
Secret Santa Gift - Marga
Posted Image
OOC stuffs
Offline Profile Goto Top

*Professor Monty Pendleton
Member Avatar
Inventor Potions Professor 1-4 Adoptive Father Deputy Head

I WANT TO I just don't know if I know enough about politics to create a realistic character :lol:
Posted Image
B I O G R A P H Y  🎩  C H A R A C T E R . D E V E L O P M E N T  🎩  P A T R O N U S 
OOC
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nadia Kaster
Member Avatar
Daily Prophet Journalist | Moonchild

[justify]Honestly, you won't regret it! It's a tonne of fun and there are all sorts of rps you can get involved in!
[/justify]
[justify]You can learn along the way Claire!!!! Do itttttt
[/justify]
Edited by Nadia Kaster, Mar 25 2018, 09:38 AM.
Posted Image
Secret Santa Gift - Marga
Posted Image
OOC stuffs
Offline Profile Goto Top

*Professor Monty Pendleton
Member Avatar
Inventor Potions Professor 1-4 Adoptive Father Deputy Head

Buuuutt- I wouldn't want to do it if I couldn't dedicate time to that character!
It does look like a ton of fun, I'm just torn ahah
Posted Image
B I O G R A P H Y  🎩  C H A R A C T E R . D E V E L O P M E N T  🎩  P A T R O N U S 
OOC
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages: