Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
Time and time again; *Closed*
Topic Started: Feb 20 2018, 09:05 PM (373 Views)
Azerail Zhefarovich
Member Avatar
Alumni of 2028: Former Slytherin Head Boy | Father | Healer

[justify]The devestating loss of his daughter brought the end to what could be considered a successful marriage to its end. Though, Azerail Zhefarovich could not stop thinking about Dannii the moment he saw her again at the hospital, checking out her daughter. That was two years ago. Then, the miscarriage that caused the loss of who would have been named Lily, followed by counseling, and ultimately, the court to divorce. Azerail had custody of the children since their family needed it for their reasons. Sometimes, it pays to have family be able to lean things their way. It was also cruel and Azerail did not want to subject anyone to that, but he couldn't lose Viserys and Kiril. Viserys would be going to school, but Kiril was five, almost six. He was anxious to attend school, and already showed his magical abilities. It would only be a matter of time. Azerail moved back to New Zealand, glad that his ex-wife and her siblings were back in the United States. At least he could go back to where he was from. Leaving Kiril and Viserys with his twin, Ozias, and his kids, Azerail made a trip to go shopping for some clothes for Kiril. He was growing and didn't want to use Viserys' old clothes as hand-me-downs.

The mall seemed like a likely place to go to find some clothes. His hand ran across his stubble as he entered the mall, and sighing. He could not believe that he was back though. He had so much he wanted to do. He could get his job back at Saint Mungo's, but with his family's connections, he thought about opening his own private practice. A small, little place. He just had to get the permits and approval. His family had no issue with the money. Azerail looked around the stores, and ended up sitting down at a bench, burying his face into his hands. What was he doing? Perhaps the real reason he came out was to get some time alone, so that he could gather his thoughts. He was strong for his kids, but himself? Not so much. He was trying, which was evident. Never had he thought he would be in this position. What was worse, the fact that he lost his child to a woman he swore he loved, or how much time he spent thinking about a romance that could have ended in the grave, had Axel remembered?
[/justify]
Biography&Relationships
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dannii Merrythought
Member Avatar
Former Hufflepuff Head Girl | Lioness Animagus | Mother | Falmouth Falcons Coach

[justify]Dannii sighed as she made her way through the old familiar mall. It was Aemleigh's week with Ember, and Dannii wasn't really sure what to do with herself when she wasn't working. Even though she had never really wanted children Ember had somehow become her whole world in the three short years the baby had been alive. Lately it was always awkward to do the trade off as well. For a little while Dannii, and Aemleigh had tried to make things work, and be a family, but as the years went on it was obvious that there was no passion there. Perhaps it had been sped up a little by seeing Azerail at work two years ago. It had brought back so many old memories, and feelings that she had locked away, and made the woman realize that she hadn't felt that kind of romantic passion since she was a teenager. I really am hopeless. Dannii reminded herself.

She was about to give up on shopping, and just go home for a nap when a familiar figure came into view. Somehow they were both here at the same time. Her heart started racing, and for a brief second Dannii thought about just walking away, but then she saw the man bury his face in his hands. He looked absolutely miserable. Taking a deep breath she walked over to him, and sat down. "Funny seeing you here today." she said quietly as she put a hand on his back to try, and comfort him. Since having a kid she had become an expert back rubber. "Is everything okay?" Dannii asked.
[/justify]
Posted Image Posted Image
Biography | Character Development | Relationships | Character Spotlight | Aesthetic

Azerail Zhefarovich
Member Avatar

[justify]Azerail heard a familiar voice and he felt the racing of his heart. A hand on his back made him look up to see none other than Dannii. The very women he was thinking about. One that Ozias didn’t like for the sheer fact she was blonde. He preferred darker haired girls. But to answer her question to see if everything was okay, he did not know how to answer. Azerail took his hands from his face and held them on his lap. He shook his head, ”Just dealing with stuff. Lost my daughter a little over a year ago that led to...” Azerail held his left hand up to show the lack of ring. His skin was still white from where it rested, having removed it only a few months ago when he felt like he was ready to move on. It had been hard. He wondered how Axel and some of his other siblings could handle so many failed marriages and relationships. Azerail only went through two and even so, the only advice he was given was not to get so attached. ”So, how’s Ember? And yourself?” Azerail took the notion to remember her daughter’s name. After all, his son would not leave him alone about it.
[/justify]
Biography&Relationships

Dannii Merrythought
Member Avatar
Former Hufflepuff Head Girl | Lioness Animagus | Mother | Falmouth Falcons Coach

[justify]Dannii felt her stomach drop when Azerail said he lost his daughter. She couldn't even begin to imagine the pain he must be feeling. If anything happened to Ember I would kill everyone in the room, and then myself. Add on to the fact that it ended in divorce... Divorce. They were now both single again. Okay don't think like that. There's no way. Dannii shook her head a little as if to get rid of the thoughts. "Oh, Azerail I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine." she told him as she began to rub small comforting circles on his back. "Ember is fine. She's still getting used to only seeing her father, and I once at a time, but really it's for the best." Dannii replied to his question. Staying together for Ember had been brought up, but neither of them thought it was a good idea in the end. It was nice of Azerail to have remembered her. "How about... Kiril? You know she still asks about him."
[/justify]
Biography | Character Development | Relationships | Character Spotlight | Aesthetic

Azerail Zhefarovich
Member Avatar

[justify]Azerail was glad that no tears emerged as Dannii attempted to comfort him. It had been a little bit now, and though it hurt, he knew that her time was then, and she was in a better place. It was just a domino effect from then after that. Azerail was actually near putty in her hand as she rubbed his back. It was so relaxing, and it was utter bliss. Though, he couldn't help himself thinking that it meant that Dannii might be single. "I know how that feels. Kiril and Viserys are still getting used to the arrangement. But Kiril is doing well. He's still hyper and dying to see Ember again." Azerail chuckled a little at the end, thinking that it was very cute on how Ember and Kiril seemed to really enjoy each other. Even though it had been a little while. Azerail raised up a little so that he wasn't so hunched over. "Look, I'm just going to say this, I've not stopped thinking about you since that day in Saint Mungo's. I feel guilty as hell about what how we broke up." And other things, but Azerail was not going to voice that aloud. How could he since a part of his heart still belonged to her?[/justify]
Biography&Relationships

Dannii Merrythought
Member Avatar

[justify]Dannii chuckled a bit when Azerail said that Kiril felt the same as Ember. They had met for all of half an hour as babies, but somehow they were still stuck on each other. "Maybe we should set up a play date sometime. Ember is quite big for her age I'm sure she could keep up." Dannii suggested. Of course she had to admit to herself that she wasn't totally thinking about her daughter when she suggested the idea. The woman was keen to spend more time with Azerail as well. You didn't spend 7 years loving someone without becoming attached. However she was not expecting the next words that came out of Azerail's mouth. Her chest tightened, and her breath caught in her throat. Could there be something there? "I haven't stopped thinking about you either." It came out as barely more than a whisper. Dannii moved her hand from Azerail's back, and gently touched his cheek. The next thing she knew she was leaning in closer, and then they were kissing. His lips felt so warm, and comforting. They felt like home. [/justify]

Azerail Zhefarovich
Member Avatar

[justify]Azerail had to agree with Dannii about forming a playdate. Kiril would absolutely love that. Viserys was about to be sorted soon, and this would give him some time. “I would love to have that set up,” Azerail smiled, knowing that this would likely lead to more time with Dannii. Then, Dannii admitted that she had not stopped thinking about him either, and her hand was on his cheek. He could feel his heart thumping away in his chest, especially as she moved toward him. He definitely moved toward her as well, closing the distance and kissing her with many years of passion from the time that they had been apart. How could he have missed her so much? Her lips, her taste, everything. It brought back so many memories. He did not care what his brother thought. He wanted Dannii back. He could not stand to have her go without him. He gently pulled away from her, and breathed in. “We need to talk about this… What this could mean for us.”
[/justify]
Biography&Relationships

Dannii Merrythought
Member Avatar

[justify]When Dannii felt Azerail kiss her back she couldn't help but move her other hand to his thigh. Everything felt so natural with Azerail even after 16 years of being apart. She almost winced when he pulled away, and his next words sent a shock of fear through her. Ever since they had broken up Dannii had been terrified of getting hurt again. She had broken up with Justin when he told her that he loved her, and before Aemleigh she hadn't even given anyone the chance to get that close. Dannii moved her hands into her own lap, and squeezed them together tightly. "Yeah I suppose we do." she said carefully. "Clearly I still have a thing for you, and I think you do me, but I don't want to get hurt again." As she said it Dannii looked away from her hands, and over to Azerail again. She looked deeply into his stormy grey eyes. Once upon a time she had believed that Azerail would never hurt her, but not she guarded her heart more closely.
[/justify]

Azerail Zhefarovich
Member Avatar

[justify]The fact that he had hurt her in the past, it did bother him to a degree. It always had. Azerail smiled gently, taking his hands and placing them in his lap as well, but turning his body a little more so that he could face her directly. It would be fair if he would explain that things are different now than they were before. Axel no longer cared about the Merrythought family, and everything went through Kalif anyway, and he taught Dannii. "I understand that. What happened back then... It wasn't safe because of who you were, and how one of my brothers were. But, right now, things are much better because of who is controlling the family. Our old professor, Kalif Styx. That and my brother that is more dangerous is kind of missing right now..." Axel was on a bit of a hunt for his son-in-law but Azerail was not going to mention that at all. He didn't think that Dannii would understand. "However, this isn't my decision alone. If it were, I would be telling you to pack your things and come home to me. This is your decision."
[/justify]
Biography&Relationships

Dannii Merrythought
Member Avatar

[justify]Dannii listened as Azerail explained that things were different with his family now. The man who had been hired to kill her all those years ago was missing. She had to admit she hadn't even thought of him or her uncle in a very long time. After a few years, and no murder she had relaxed. Perhaps that was stupid on her part, but it didn't seem like she had to worry about it now. It was also a surprise to learn that Kalif was running Azerail's family. She had worked with the man for a brief time, and it seemed like he had more than enough on his plate already with work. The news did open up new possibilities though. Possibilities that Dannii hadn't dared think of for years. Before answering Dannii took a moment to search her heart. She was scared. Terrified actually, but the woman knew that if she didn't take this chance she would regret it for the rest of her life. So she nodded. "Yeah. Lets give this a shot." As she said it Dannii knew she had made the right choice. Her heart calmed a little. It was no longer terrified pounding, but a steady race of excitement.
[/justify]

Azerail Zhefarovich
Member Avatar

[justify]Azerail did wonder what Axel went off and did. He did recall that someone went missing and he wanted to find out who it was. Azerail did not want to cross his older brother, but he was sure that Axel was too busy with other things, and that Kalif Styx actually tolerated someone like Dannii, who came from a noble pure-blood family. As soon as she said the words that Azerail wanted to hear, he leaned in and kissed her tenderly. After too many years, the two had a lot to make up for. He pulled away, grinning, wondering if there was some sort of higher power that brought the two of them here today, in order to rekindle the lost flame, that was not exactly lost. "I'm glad to have you back... I'm sure Kiril will be thrilled. I may need to talk to Viserys a bit. He wouldn't be as thrilled I imagine." His kid was starting Hogwarts soon, and he didn't want to cause the boy much stress. He still dreamed that his parents would get back together. It was a rough family that they had. "Let's go get a bite to eat, Dannii," Azerail smiled, and the words flowed so naturally.
Fin
[/justify]
Biography&Relationships

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mākutu Mall · Next Topic »