Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
Crashing Down; -open-
Topic Started: Jan 30 2018, 08:15 PM (185 Views)
Alana Finch
Member Avatar
Former Slytherin|I'm the Volcano | Mother to Eris Angel

Alana was trying her hardest not to cry as she re-read the note in her hand. We regret to inform you...urge you to get more experience... . She crumpled the parchment in her fist, but that didn't feel good enough and she opened it to rip it to shreds. She'd hoped it would help her feel much better but no.

On lunch from her job at The Inner Eye, Alana sat across from the shop, staring at it. This was meant to be a temporary stop, a way for her to gain some knowledge on divination, knowledge the Daily Prophet didn't seem to care about. She sniffed loudly, full of shame and embarassment. She'd told everyone about her interview, and now they were going to ask about it all and she was going to have to explain that she'd failed at something. Alana never failed.

As usual during tough times, she reminded herself of the words her professor, her boss now, had told her over the course of several years. Today, it was her remembering as Wren told her that she would face trials and learn from them. Perhaps this was one of those trials he'd foreseen? Alana sighed, wishing she could know for sure, could know that if she did work hard, that it would result in her realizing her dream. To put even more work into this dream without knowing it would mean anything in the end was just too difficult to think about.
Posted Image
Bio**Thanks Kaitlyn!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Saveli Pendleton
Member Avatar
Abandonment Issues ll Ainmere Pendleton 9/4/2045

Saveli had only come back to New Zealand for a brief visit with Shiloh, the guardian of her late sister. She'd dropped off some things to the man that she felt Prue would have wanted him to have, and then was going to be on her way. However, a shopping trip without her new rugrat couldn't hurt could it. Monty had Ainmere as it was, and while he and Saveli were both learning, Monty enjoyed being a gradfather very much - at least Sav hoped that was the case. Saveli continued to make her way through the mall, a bag of goods already stuffed inside her surprisingly sleek diaper bag. It had so many pockets how could she not use it as a purse? However upon nearly passing the inner eye, Saveli heard a sound that caught her attention. The blonde turned to see a woman around her age ripping at some paper, in what appeared to be a frustrated way. It wasn't any of Saveli's business, but she was drawn to the person, and crossed over to their table.

"Excu..."
Sav's voice gave pause as she realized she knew who this was. "Alana?" She asked. She had not see her fellow housemate since their last year together, which seemed so far away now. The blonde took a seat quickly. "Alana are you okay?" She asked, concern filling the Laurel eyes for a friend that she'd lost touch with. She wondered if maybe it was the paper that had made her upset, but it was too hard to tell with the shreds not readable from where she sat.
Posted Image
Claire you are so bae!

Alana Finch
Member Avatar

Alana's red eyes glanced up quickly, her gaze following Saveli as she settled in across from her, a look of concern on her face. Alana struggled to regain some semblance of her composure. Seeing someone from her former house reminded her of an important tidbit she'd learned there, to never show weakness in public. It was a mistake that could later be used against you. So, she sat up a little straighter and ran a hand through her hair, brushing it behind her ears.

"Nothing I can't handle" she reassured the woman across from her. It had been some time since she had last seen Saveli, and it struck her that she recognized her old friend easily enough but there was also something different about her. Alana was certain the same could likely be said about her. She'd had a rough set of months since their graduation when she'd seen Saveli last. Alana continued to try to compose herself, noticing her hand crumpling the parchment and moving it as discreetly as possible to her pocket. "I'm fine" she said again slowly, convincing herself just as much as she hoped she'd convince Saveli. "It's been a long, long time Saveli" she added. Alana couldn't exactly say she missed the woman. Their last few years as roommates had been full of complications.
Posted Image
Bio**Thanks Kaitlyn!

Saveli Pendleton
Member Avatar

Saveli narrowed her laurel orbs at Alana, watching the woman compose herself. Saveli couldn't help but wonder why it was she continued to feel the need to hide her emotions. Perhaps that was a difference in how she and Alana grew, the types of households that they were living in. Montgomery had shown Saveli how to be weak, what had everyone shown Alana? The blonde reached into her bag and pulled out some tissues in a small plastic wrap. She opened them up adn offered a few to Alana. "They have Aloe, can't have you looking puffy, yeah?" She asked.

"It has been a while." Saveli tried to recall if Alana had been at Prudence's funeral, that day was so long ago though, and she'd been so emotionally damaged at that point. Then there was the in between with the pregnancy, she couldn't quite recall. "Other than the additional redness you look well." She spoke, not feeling as if it was her business to press Alana for more information than the Slytherin alumni was willing to give. "Are you staying in the area? I should have tried to write you, it's been a crazy year though, no excuse. How are you and Chaos?" She inquired, hoping maybe to get Alana's mind off the piece of papers she'd attempted to hide. Sav would inquire of it a little later, when the wound that Alana was sporting was less fresh.
Posted Image
Claire you are so bae!

Alana Finch
Member Avatar

Alana hesitated for a moment and then accepted a tissue. There was nothing to be gained by declining, and she quickly brought it to her eye, dabbing at the corners before crumpling the tissue in her fist. She was listening to Saveli while she did all of this, happy for the distraction of someone else whose life was very nearly as complicated as hers. At least it had been when they'd been in school together. Now, Alana had no idea.

"Yea, I still live in New Zealand. Our families...and our jobs are both here so it's just easier overall" she replied easily enough. Alana wondered what had happened to Saveli over the year. Her idea of crazy usually was, and Alana had a feeling there was a story there if she asked the right questions. "We're still alive" she stated as if it was the most normal thing to say. Her face betrayed her cool tone however; her gaze had dropped to the tissue which she began to shred slightly. "I have a daughter now. Eris. She's 8 months old tomorrow" Alana continued, the words still foreign to say aloud to anyone outside of family. "How are you? Still living with the professor?" she asked.
Posted Image
Bio**Thanks Kaitlyn!

Saveli Pendleton
Member Avatar

Saveli didn't used to be the most sensitive person, she wasn't the most knowing or emotive in her past, however now as a mother the blonde found her edges softening. She found that caring about others was easier the more she fell in love with someone who cared about her, so she didn't mind speaking with Alana, and making sure she was okay. Saveli smiled at the mention of Alana's daughter, though felt guilty that she wasn't already previously aware of the child. Perhaps Saveli should have been more involved with friends after Hogwarts, she'd been so selfish to only concentrate on her own peril and not keep touch. The only person she still saw even was Viviana, and these days it was a little sparse.

"Moving is difficult I could understand that, especially with a bouncing bundle of joy! Please tell me you have pictures!" Saveli insisted. She hadn't really been one for children until she'd had her own. Even through her pregnancy she was mostly annoyed and worried. However Saveli did not yet bring up Ainmere, she wanted Alana to have a moment to talk and gather herself. "I do, but Reuben and I are thinking of moving out once he graduates. It's easier to live with dad for now anyways." She spoke with a small smile. "Eight months though, nearly a year that is insane. Is Chaos enjoying being a dad?"
Posted Image
Claire you are so bae!

Alana Finch
Member Avatar

Alana nodded her head, but her purse was inside the shop. She pulled out her wand, summoning it to her side and opened it to search. The woman didn't get too far along as she was easily distracted listening to Saveli. She dropped the crumpled letter into her purse. "So you and Reuben are still a thing? Huh" she said, her red eyes returning to her purse so she could continue to sift through her messy purse. "I really need to clean this thing " she muttered. Alana was surprised to hear Saveli toss around 'dad' as she did. She couldn't recall if her former roommate had always called Professor Pendleton that or if it was a recent thing.

Finally, finding the picture, one of Eris just after she'd learned to crawl, Alana pulled it out and shut her purse. Moving her purse to her side, she held it out. The baby's eyes looked especially violet in this picture. "Yes, it's like he was born to be a father" she said with a sigh. It all came so naturally to him whereas she had to work to learn everything. Even bonding with the baby had come naturally to him. For Alana, it had taken a bit more time to actually begin to enjoy being a mother. "He's really great with her" she added, "but being a parent is hard. Babies need everything done for them. I'm only just starting to sleep almost a full night." She shook her head slightly. "Whatever you and Reuben do, don't rush into having children" she said, sharing the wisdom of her experience.
Posted Image
Bio**Thanks Kaitlyn!

Saveli Pendleton
Member Avatar

Saveli nodded. "Yeah, I mean we hit a rough patch, but it wasn't something we couldn't work through." The blonde didn't feel comfortable talking about her sister's death, or sleeping with Gabriel. Especially considering Gabe had at one point seemed interested in her, and perhaps she was in him as well. She watched Alana rummage through her purse, and knew the bag she carried was the same way. After all she had wrappers from granola bars, formula packages, the whole nine yards. It was quite amazing what could fit in an enchanted bag. "Today's the day it seems." She spoke with a laugh. Saveli then looked at the photo, eyes softening. "Oh my goodness look how adorable she is. Oh you can tell she's your daughter. Wonder if she'll have your attitude." The slytherin alumni teased.

Listening to Alana talk about Chaos made Sav selfishly wonder if Roo would be the same. After all, he'd had younger siblings. She then listened to Alana's speech, nodding along until Alana spoke about not rushing children. Saveli rubbed the back of her neck for a moment. "Well..." She laughed slightly. "I have a daughter now. She's three months old. She'll be the year under yours actually." She spoke with a laugh, feeling guilty she'd not taken any photos of Ainmere yet. It had all been so hectic. "Monty loves being a grand-dad though." She remarked hastily, knowing that it was new for him. "I hate to bring it up again, but do you want to talk about what had you so upset?" She asked with a small, sheepish look that conveyed only empathy and kindness.
Posted Image
Claire you are so bae!

Alana Finch
Member Avatar

Alana was glad for the distraction of her bag as Saveli spoke about her relationship. The teenager had never really taken the time to get to know Reuben Lagowski. He'd been a Gryffindor and younger, but mostly Alana had been so busy dealing with her own drama that she had little room for anyone else's. Alana was just happy to hear Saveli wasn't with Gabriel. Her own crush on him had dwindled by the end, his odd behavior a major part in that. But life had gone on for everyone, it seemed. The photo in Saveli's hand was proof of that. "Better my attitude than her father's " she smirked.

When Saveli moved a hand to her neck, a sinking feeling fell into the pit of her stomach. "Oh, Saveli" she intoned, clear disappointment in her voice as she listened to her peer, her former roommate mention that she, too, was a mother. She sighed heavily. "Salazar Slytherin is probably rolling in his grave. All this wasted ambition" she shook her head, sadder for her friend than for herself. She'd had no choice, but Saveli had and yet they'd still found themselves in the same place- as young mothers. "Mine is certainly misplaced, at the very least. I somehow thought I could make it as a journalist with The Daily Prophet. But..." she shook her head again, a sad look on her face as she shrugged. "They don't want me." She could feel her cheeks redden as she said that aloud for the first time. It was good practice for when she had to tell Chaos over dinner. He hated her working in the divination shop, and now he's have to deal with the fact that she'd be there a whole longer.
Posted Image
Bio**Thanks Kaitlyn!

Saveli Pendleton
Member Avatar

Saveli couldn't help but chuckle and nod slightly in agreement with her friend about attitude. Though Saveli was sure Chaos had mellowed out, the blonde hadn't forgotten his attempt of murder on a Gryffindor in the school. However perhaps he had lamented his choices, and decided to make a better life as a father to Alana's baby. The blonde smiled softly as they talked, though it faded when Alana remarked about wasted ambition. "I don't feel like either of us are wasting our ambition, unless you've given up completely on your dreams. The only way to waste ambition is if you stop having them." Saveli spoke with a tone that meant she couldn't be argued with. If Alana didn't agree it was her prerogative to have a pity party - Saveli had to continue thinking positively if she wanted to be happy.

When her friend remarked about the Daily prophet not wanting her she shook her head. "That's ridiculous. They are missing out on incredible talent that's for sure." She remarked with a scoff. "Want me to punch the hiring manager in the face?" She asked, obviously very serious for a moment about her solution. "Why not try and work for another smaller paper company, and grow as your own. Who knows, maybe one day you could eclipse the prophet. All they spill about it random gossip anyways." Perhaps it was low to stoop to insults, but Alana deserved to be recognized as a proud Slytherin, with plenty of talent.
Posted Image
Claire you are so bae!

Alana Finch
Member Avatar

Alana's eyes narrowed slightly. She didn't want nor need a lecture, especially not from the friend who abandoned her every time a man was around. Alana would let the woman see for herself that having a child changed everything, including sometimes the ability to go after your dreams. If that hadn't been the case, she'd have marched into The Daily Prophet months ago, pregnant belly and all. But it wad difficult to get work when your employer knew you would need time off soon. She had lucked out with Professor Louise who seemed to understand everything. Still, she pressed her lips firmly together, not wanting to argue with Saveli especially when she, at least, seemed to be on Alana's side when it came to her opinions on The Daily Prophet.

"Yes, I have no choice" she said, sighing at the idea of going into some lesser known paper to apply for a job. Alana had always wanted to be the best and work for the best, and the best was The Daily Prophet. She knew Saveli knew it too. Alana sighed. "I'll figure it out." She knew she would. Eventually. For now, though, she needed to wallow and to be allowed to do so. "Thank you" she finally said, knowing Saveli was simply trying to help. It wasn't her fault she didn't know how to help. Alana mulled over that for a moment, realizing that yes, it was Saveli's fault she had no idea how to best help Alana because she hadn't kept in touch. Alana only realized in that moment how much it had bothered her to simply be forgotten by a person she'd considered a friend. "So, where are your ambitions taking you?" she asked, her red eyes looking directly at Saveli as she waited for a reply.
Posted Image
Bio**Thanks Kaitlyn!

Saveli Pendleton
Member Avatar

Saveli watched the way Alana's pursed to a thin line, and she sighed inwardly, not letting it out of her mouth so as not to cause drama. She had no way of knowing Alana's thoughts and thus left herself to listen to her words and wonder. When she inquired about ambitions Saveli shrugged. "Prudence and I were supposed to go travelling a little before Roo graduated but..." Saveli didn't think she'd even wrote to Alana, the funeral process was a little crazy. The blonde looked at the table. "It's actually why I haven't been writing really anyone. After she died and Gabriel and I had our last fall out I guess I've been a little..." She shrugged. "But that's okay. I'm learning to cope now, and Ainmere took Prue's name for her middle name." She smiled lightly. "Do you see your inlaws a lot?" She inquired, wondering if Chaos' family was involved in helping with the child, or if she was stuck with all of the responsibilities. She assumed there must be someone helping so that she was able to come out alone and work wherever she worked at the moment. "Where are you working now?" She inquired. she hoped to get to know Alana more, but the air felt slightly stiff after her last speech, and she wondered if Alana was simply looking for a way out of the conversation.
Posted Image
Claire you are so bae!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mākutu Mall · Next Topic »