Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
Poll Only
  • Pages:
Thinking of HNZ while walking; *Archived*
Topic Started: Sep 7 2017, 08:33 AM (2,019 Views)
Nicolas King
Member Avatar
"I am the hero who eats the lesser man and gets the girl... and also keeps the motorcycle" | Still dead...

James Cade
Oct 4 2017, 01:52 PM
To clarify Nick. Is keeping the forums for Beauxbatons and Durmstrang an option if the groups are collapsed?
Nope, but the topics will still exist.
It's the same problem as keeping the groups: What about when one of the other schools has more students than Durm or Beaux? Do we create a forum for them?
If we move to "Other Students" I think it's a good opportunity for us to do some tidying that might have been good to do a while ago and to affirm that all non-HNZ schools have the same treatment. If we keep the status quo, we have the option to say "these two get preferential treatment because of the past"
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Kingy Dies Blog Post
Offline Profile Goto Top

November Albertson
Member Avatar
♥Probably Reading in the Library♥

Geovanna Volt
Oct 4 2017, 01:06 PM

Side Note: Additional beautiful colours ;)
[justify] Those are beauties!
Also a nice color and still green but not the same as a previous mentioned green. I like this one a bit better with the default site background.

[/justify]
Quote:

If we move to "Other Students" I think it's a good opportunity for us to do some tidying that might have been good to do a while ago and to affirm that all non-HNZ schools have the same treatment.

Yes. This be one of the reasons why I've voted for the all in one group styling.
Posted Image
Biography | Relationships | Spotlight | Aesthetic | Song | Tumblr

Offline Profile Goto Top

Amber Chou Wilson
Member Avatar
Sixth Year | Cheerful | Friendly | Outgoing | Overachiever | Gladrags Employee | Heta Omega Social Chair | ♡ Ainsley

I voted option 2, as I feel like taking away the usergroups and forums would be a shame. I know they're only there because of old plots and aren't really in use much anymore, and the focus should be on HNZ. But it still seems like a shame to me to lump it all into 'Europe', especially with an eye on the Beauxbatons quidditch.

Though I do admit that most of this is just me liking the different colors/places for these schools, and I know logically that the first option might make more sense for the site and its focus. I'll definitely miss the old colors, though, if it does happen. And I can't help but fear that Beauxbatons will be less active / harder to find quidditch players for without the usergroup. Though that's largely on us as the team to keep it active, which I understand too.

I basically just feel like it's a shame, but I get the logic of it. I do hope the other students list will encourage people to put the actual school they are in in their member title or elsewhere on their profile. I fear it will be a bit of a nightmare trying to keep track of who goes where.
Posted Image
BIOGRAPHY | AESTHETIC | RELATIONSHIPS | SPOTLIGHT | AMBER & AINSLEY
OOC

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

~Professor Katherine Alicastell
Member Avatar
Hogwarts Headmistress Wizengamot Interrogator

[justify]If I maintain Durmstrang/Beauxbatons on the Other Students list, then it may be easier to check by referencing that, though it will depend on other people keeping their characters up to date and submitting them.
[/justify]
Posted Image
Online Profile Goto Top

Professor Cyndi Kingsley
Member Avatar
HNZ Class of 2023/ Gryffindor HoH/Mom of 3

Thank you to everyone who voted in the poll. Please stay tuned for further announcements on this later in the school year.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Biography*****Relationships*****Engagement Ring
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicolas King
Member Avatar
"I am the hero who eats the lesser man and gets the girl... and also keeps the motorcycle" | Still dead...

This has been implemented!
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Kingy Dies Blog Post
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Suggestions & Feedback: Archives · Next Topic »
Poll Only
  • Pages: