Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
Something just like this; *Closed* Tamara
Topic Started: Aug 21 2017, 05:35 PM (235 Views)
Matthew Cosgrove
Member Avatar
C/O 2041. Ravenclaw Graduate. Dragonologist. Runologist. Adopted. Figuring out what's next.

Matthew hadn't been to Makutu Mall since he was a student at Hogwarts, there wasn't anything that particularly drew him to the place. It was necessity that brought him back. Matthew's tried and trusted rune set had begun to show signs of decay, it wasn't all that surprising, it was one of the most used items he possessed despite Matthew only continuing with his rune study as little more than a hobby on the side of his main work as a dragon tamer. The inner eye had been where he got his original set all those years ago and there was no where else he could think to go to buy a replacement set.

With a new set of runes in his pocket, Matthew left the inner eye and found himself wondering how he would spend the rest of his day as he had no where to be. He decided to head to the nearest cafe and grabbed himself a coffee and took it over to a booth where he sat and watched people go by.
Posted Image
Biography
#teamalanaandmatt

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alison Kingswood
Member Avatar
[ Moutohora Macaws Chaser ] 🕯️ Gryffindor Graduate 2042

The last game of Quidditch was won by her team and Ally was over the moon. She had met her old boyfriend Casey again and seeing his face broke something in her. Almost like she was addicted to his smell and face. It was awful, she needed to get away from him and start over, meet someone better. She was in need of a coffee and she decided to walk into the nearest cafe. It was crowded inside and Ally didn't feel that comfortable. Somehow after Casey she didn't like to be around any people at all. She had to push through if wanted a coffee and she really wanted one. She ordered a cup of coffee with milk and sugar and walked to a free table.

When she arrived at the table it wasn't free a guy was sitting on it. She walked up to him to ask him if she could join him. But she tripped over another table leg and almost spilled her coffee all over the table. ''Sorry, I am so clumsy sometimes.'' her face turned beet red and Ally didn't know what to do. The guy must have thought she was an idiot of some sort.
Posted Image

Matthew Cosgrove
Member Avatar
C/O 2041. Ravenclaw Graduate. Dragonologist. Runologist. Adopted. Figuring out what's next.

Matthew was in a world of his own as he stirred sugar into his coffee, after a few moments of people watching he turned his attention back to his coffee. The was a buzz about the place, but Matthew felt cut off from it all, perhaps it was a consequence of working away so often. Matthew loved his job and wouldn't change it for the world, but it did put him a position where he was alone where others around him were building their lives. Matthew didn't know how long he was sat staring into space, but when he finally brought the coffee cup to his lips it was drinkable.

Suddenly, the former Ravenclaw was knocked out of his trance when he heard someone trip near his table, he turned holding his hands out to steady her. "It's okay, we all trip," He smiled at her, there was something vaguely familiar about her face but he couldn't place it. "Would you like to join me?" Matthew asked motioning to his booth.
Posted Image
Biography
#teamalanaandmatt

Posted Image
Posted Image

Alison Kingswood
Member Avatar

If almost spilling coffee over a table wasn't embarrassing enough the guy she almost spilled it on wasn't rude to her. She had expected a lecture about not bothering people that look busy, but instead she was met by a hand that steadied her. Ally looked up and finally met the guy his eyes and could take a look at his face. Why was she looking at him like an idiot, if she didn't already make enough of an idiot out of herself as it was. ''Yes, that was what I was going to ask before I decided to take a closer look of the floor'' She released herself from his steadying grip and sat down on the same table.

Ally sipped her coffee and wanted to start talking, but talking to strangers could come of as weird. Why was the world so hard, she was a brave Gryffindor for goodness sake. ''How is your coffee?'' Ally eyed him, seeing if this was an opening for some conversation. She needed to have something social in her life. Her quidditch team was fun, but she didn't see them a lot outside of practise and the games. ''I am Alison'' He didn't look that bad and he maybe wanted to know who he just saved from a major face plant to the ground.
Posted Image

Matthew Cosgrove
Member Avatar

Matthew couldn't help but laugh when the woman referred to her fall as taking a closer look at the floor. He was glad to see that she could speak about it lightly and wasn't beating herself up too much. "In that case, by all means, do so," He smiled as he watched her take a seat in the booth and he sat back down himself. He was surprised to learn that she had been on her way over to ask to join him, it wasn't unwelcome but it wasn't something Matthew had had happen to him before and he wondered what the woman's intentions were for joining him.

The question about the coffee kind of threw him a little. It was random as if she didn't know what to say though that was a feeling he could relate to. Was she attempting to flirt and doing a bad job, or did she just not want to sit alone? "It's okay, though it isn't the best though I think I've been spoiled," Matthew felt like he was beginning to ramble, but maybe that was a good thing of the woman wasn't sure what to say. When she introduced himself he breathed a sigh of relief as it seemed his rambling hadn't put her off doing so. "I'm Matthew," He smiled at the girl, something about her name only furthered his suspicion that he knew her but he just couldn't place her. "So what brings you here?"
Posted Image
Biography
#teamalanaandmatt

Posted Image
Posted Image

Alison Kingswood
Member Avatar

While taking a sip at her coffee Ally looked around. The place was pretty packed with magical coffee lovers. At Hogwarts she had her wand close to her, but since she graduated she kept it in her bag. She didn't need the wand at her job nor did she liked to do everything by magic at home. Ally reseated herself and took another sip of the steaming hot coffee. Ally was here for the coffee and now she found a companion. Someone to talk with for the period of time she was going to be at this cafe.

''Mmh, I've had better aswell, but it a nice coffee though.'' Ally answered sunken in thoughts. She wasn't a big fan of coffee anyway, but she needed the caffeine today. Almost kissing the floor was already bad enough, sleeping at a random table in a cafe was worse. When Matthew asked what she was doing here she had to think. She went here to get some coffee, but that wasn't the real reason. ''I needed to get out of the house, being moped up there isn't very good for one.'' She was as honest as hell, she didn't care about it. As soon as she was done with this coffee she would leave and would never see or speak with Matthew again. That made talking things way easier. ''What about you?'' Ally asked with a slight blush on her cheeks.
Posted Image

Matthew Cosgrove
Member Avatar

Matthew smiled as Alsion agreed with his assessment of the coffee. It was meaningless small talk but it was nice, he didn't get to sit and talk to someone that way while he was assignment. He was on constant vigilance, and most conversations were about dragons, eggs or burn treatment. Matthew loved his job but sometimes it got lonely. He listened as she told him that she had needed to get out of the house and that was something he could relate to. That was how he felt the first couple of years after he left school and didn't know what he was going to do with his life, he had wanted to be anywhere but home. "I know that feeling, it was like that for me when I first left school," No doubt Alison didn't want to hear about his sad years so he wouldn't dwell on it too long. "I came here because I needed a new set of runes, I've been using the same set I bought in my third year of Hogwarts so they are a little worn," Matthew said pulling the set out. He would need to put them into his personal bag when he got home so, for now, they were in a plain plat pouch. "Lame I know, but I do some rune study on the side of my dragon taming and research,"
Posted Image
Biography
#teamalanaandmatt

Posted Image
Posted Image

Alison Kingswood
Member Avatar

Small talk was something she hadn't done for a long time. She mostly talked about Quidditch strategies and how you could make the most of a good throw. Ally took another sip of coffee and looked outside. She hadn't done anything memorable at school and she hadn't done anything that was worth saying. Ally was sad she hadn't done more with the time at the magical school. At least she was doing more with her life at the moment. Being a chaser was an honorable position and Ally was actually good at it. ''I didn't use my time at Hogwarts to its utter best, so I was glad I could go out in the world and work'' Ally looked at him, he must wonder why she was mopped up at home. ''I just don't have much luck with love, it it the worst.'' She said truthfully, she could tell this guy anything. It was just a chat after this he would be gone to whatever he came from.

''Ah, I didn't know people actually used runes outside of Hogwarts''
Ally wasn't studious, so the fact that she didn't know it did say a lot about her. The set looked nice, the bag wasn't majorly decorated, but it would do its job. ''Dragons, ah that is so cool''Ally had only seen dragons in books. She knew they existed, she wasn't that stupid, but she had never met someone that actually worked with them. ''That sounds way cooler than my job, I only play Quidditch all day'' Ally blushed and smiled. Somehow it felt natural to talk to Matthew, she could almost forgot Casey.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mākutu Mall · Next Topic »