Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
Everything Nice; *Open* After Rowan
Topic Started: Apr 28 2017, 11:15 AM (112 Views)
April Ward
Member Avatar
Excited | Slightly Annoying | Loves Attention

April was feeling good today. She had just practiced her ballet in the arts room, which she had discovered only a week ago. She could vaguely recall October telling her about it, but she had been too busy with everything else to get to it. Honestly, she didn't miss ballet as much as she had feared. She missed her friends from home and the fun practice selfies they always made, and she missed being one of the best, but ballet on its own wasn't really her thing.

So after being good for once and staying inside the stuffy room to practice, she was eager to get outside. April wished she had a broom, and knowing her dad she would have one next year. But if she couldn't fly, she could do the next best thing. She started running through the grassy fields of the great lawn and doing cartwheels, enjoying herself greatly. April had a lot of energy, and getting some of it out was always a lot of fun. After running around and doing a few handstands, she was getting a little tired. Without caring about grass stains on her clothes, she let herself fall down into the grass. She stared up at the sky, trying to see shapes in the clouds.
Posted Image
AESTHETIC | BIOGRAPHY
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kauri Tipene
Member Avatar
Positive | Upbeat | Friendly | Sunshine Boy

It was well, well beyond time for Kauri to get some fresh air. As much as he was enjoying all his new classes, and the thrill of learning about this new magical world, he had been spending far too much time cooped up in the stuffy castle lately. Stepping outside, he paused for a moment to take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Other than flying lessons, which were by far the most fun part of being at this school, he hadn't really been outside in far too long. The air was just starting to warm up, and it was the perfect time to get out and do something.

Kauri hadn't been crossing the lawn for long before he spotted an odd girl he recognised both from classes and her unusual method of approaching the hat back at their sorting. It seemed that it hadn't been anything out of the ordinary for her, as he watched the girl tip upside down in a handstand. He watched for a few long minutes, debating whether to join her or not, but just as Kauri made up his mind to give it a go, the girl stopped what she was doing, and flopped back into the grass. Never one to abandon a plan, Kauri approached the girl nonetheless, smiling as he sat down next to her. "Hi. You're April right? Those handstands were cool."
Posted Image
B I O G R A P H Y | A E S T H E T I C

April Ward
Member Avatar

April enjoyed looking at the clouds, but she was delighted to be interrupted by an unfamiliar voice. Someone to talk to! That was always fun. She sat up and looked at the boy that sat next to her. She recognized him from her year, though she had never talked to him. She felt immensely pleased that he knew her name, though. "Yes, I'm April!" She said with a wide grin. "Thank you! Do you want to try too?" She didn't know his name, and not one to be shy about it she asked him. "I don't know your name, what is it? You're in Gryffindor, right?" She had seen him around there. April mostly knew the people from her own house, she wasn't very good at remembering names or faces. In all honesty, she never really tried that hard.
Posted Image
AESTHETIC | BIOGRAPHY

Kauri Tipene
Member Avatar

Kauri was pleased that the girl wasn't put off by his introduction. In fact, she seemed the opposite of put off, and he beamed as April replied enthusiastically, glad that she seemed nice. "I'm Kauri! And yeah, I'm in Gryffindor. You're in Hufflepuff, right? I don't really get what the difference is." He confessed, before considering her offer. "I dunno, I've never done a handstand or a cartwheel before. It looks fun though." Kauri weighed his worries about being upside down against his eagerness to try something new, and quickly decided fun won out. "Can you teach me how?"
Posted Image

April Ward
Member Avatar

April grinned when Kauri told her he was in Gryffindor. That was a house she wouldn't have minded to be in, honestly. She giggled. "Well, supposedly Gryffindors are brave!" She posed like she was in a fighting stance, though she was still sitting. She put up her fists and grinned. "Are you brave, Kauri?" She shrugged. "And Hufflepuffs uh... they're a bit more unclear. I guess they're nice? Hard working... loyal." She shrugged, none of that seemed to really apply to her. Well, the nice part did obviously. "Anyway, which one do you want to learn first?" She got to her feet. "I could show you both again first!" She did just that, cartwheeling before doing a handstand. Sure, she would teach him, but first he had to appreciate her doing it better.
Posted Image
AESTHETIC | BIOGRAPHY

Kauri Tipene
Member Avatar

April's cheerfulness was infectious, and Kauri found himself giggling at her descriptions of the houses. "Well, I don't know if I'm brave, but I guess I must be if a magic hat said so, aye?" He smiled, but watching April do another cartwheel made him almost hesitate. Almost. Gryffindors were brave, right? "I guess handstand first? Since you don't have to spin around or anything, it's probably easier." At least the grass was soft, if he fell over. It wouldn't be like falling over while dirtbiking.
Posted Image

April Ward
Member Avatar

April grinned at him upside down before standing upright again. "It is easier." She confirmed. "But still difficult the first time. I think you should start off against something sturdy, like that tree over there." She pointed. "Like this!" She hopped over to the tree and did a handstand against it, showing him how to do it. She smoothly turned upright again. "Your turn." She said with a little bow. She loved showing off but she also liked making friends. This was perfect.
Posted Image
AESTHETIC | BIOGRAPHY

Kauri Tipene
Member Avatar

Kauri watched April turn upside down, with apparently no effort at all, and gave an encouraging clap. "Oh man, that's so cool!" He said excitedly. But then his turn had come, and Gryffindor though he was, he could feel his nerve failing. "Alright, just..." Trying not to let his worries show, Kauri crossed to the tree and put his hands on the ground. He took a deep breath and tried to kick his legs up, and it felt like he was completely, impossibly upside down, all the blood rushing to his head, but a moment later his legs were falling again, and he thumped back down to the ground. "Oh man!" He laughed shakily. "That's a lot. Okay." Not wanting to stop in case his fears got the better of him, Kauri kicked off for a second try, pushing a little harder this time, and gave a satisfied whoop when he felt his foot connect with the trunk of the tree behind him. He quickly leaned against it and laughed breathlessly, looking around at the dizzying vista of the world from upside down. "Wooo!"
Posted Image

April Ward
Member Avatar

April grinned at the boy's compliment, feeling like it had been worth the slight dizzy feeling she got from doing this too much. She went with him to the three to help him with his legs. He did quite well for the first time. "That's not bad at all!" She said as he thumped to the ground. "I fell quite a few times too, at first." She said with a smile,. "Not a lot, though, I learned really fast." She added, assuring him she was good at this. She felt like he really was brave as a lion when he tried again right after falling. She clapped eagerly. "YES! Good job, Kauri!" She gave him a thumbs up. "Now I can help you down, if you don't want to fall over again."
Edited by April Ward, May 12 2017, 02:33 PM.
Posted Image
AESTHETIC | BIOGRAPHY

Kauri Tipene
Member Avatar

Kauri beamed, looking up at April, laughing at how silly she looked upside down. "This is awesome!" He didn't quite realise until her offer that he was gonna have to find a way back to the ground, and nodded quickly. "Yeah, please, I... dunno how to get down without falling." He laughed awkwardly, giving his legs a hesitant wiggle.

((This is the shortest reply of all time and I'm so sorry :lol: ))
Posted Image

April Ward
Member Avatar

April clapped her hands. "You're a natural, Kauri!" She giggled, he looked so funny like this. "Okay, lets help you down." She guided Kauri down until he was standing safely on the ground again with both feet. "Good job! I told you you could do it!" She smiled. "You're funny, what do you like to do normally?"

[ooc]This might be shorter :p[/ooc]
Posted Image
AESTHETIC | BIOGRAPHY

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Great Lawn · Next Topic »