Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
Now, Where Might I Find Slytherin?!; *Open*
Topic Started: Mar 11 2017, 12:15 PM (136 Views)
Norton Gillespie
Member Avatar
kiwi | fascinated by magic | usually excitable

[justify]Norton stepped out of hufflepuff on this first morning and knew exactly what he had to do that morning. The moment he had been separated from his sister he knew he had to find her again. Being alone in a new house was not a fun experience, he walked out of the hufflepuff dorm, through the common room, ignoring all the interesting things because today he was a boy with a plan and little was going to stand in the way. Well, that was until Nortie ended up getting more than a little lost. The thing with this plan was that he didn't actually know where Slytherin was, he knew that it was lower than hufflepuff but he didn't know anything else about it. The boy had successfully made it down a few flight of stairs before the stairs changed and he was led in a slightly different direction, he followed it, and ended up going round and round some of the floors.

The hufflepuff had tried to get into a room upon this floor, and been somewhat rudely cast out when it turned out it was the prefects common room, but how was he supposed to know that! This place was HUGE! There were so many hallways, so many people, and so many amazing things. Nortie was just so lost and he was frustrated, where was this Slytherin common room was! Norton spotted a student just up ahead, who clearly appeared to be in the same year as him. He just wanted to be able to find his sister and maybe they could help, "HELLO! EXCUSE ME!" he called out, hoping the person wouldn't mind that he was calling out in such a fashion.
[/justify]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jessica Matthews
Member Avatar
Little Duck | Sunshine Heart | Without a Guiding Presence

Jessica had just about had it with this castle. She'd hardly been out in the main school for more than a couple of hours and already she'd lost her way thanks to all the creepy staircases. Where were the signs, the maps, the little 'You are Here' arrows? This school was a joke. She'd only been trying to find some more people to talk to, and having overheard some older students mention a student lounge at breakfast had made her plan for the day clear. That plan had definitely not included walking down yet another corridor that looked exactly the same as every single other one in the place. She was supposed to be starting classes soon, how would she ever find her way around without clinging to the other first-year girls at every available moment?

She had just made up her mind to find her way down to the ground floor again, and then count up each flight of stairs until she reached the fourth, when she heard someone calling behind her. Stopping, Jessica turned to look at whoever it was, and was slightly surprised that it seemed to be her attention that the boy in question was trying to catch. Although wary of what he might want, she immediately gave him a warm smile and then pointed at herself. "Me? Hello, I don't think we've met." Forget trying to find the student lounge, someone to talk to had just wandered right into her path. Jessica was quite pleased she would be able to halt her harrowing quest to try and locate anything in this castle for a while in order to deal with whatever this boy seemed to want. Her eyes flicked over him curiously as she took a few steps closer. "I'm Jessica. Did you need something?"
Posted Image
Thanks Daph! AESTHETIC | CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT | BIOGRAPHY

Norton Gillespie
Member Avatar

[justify]Norton was glad that the girl had stopped and hadn't seemed to be put off by his blunt shout through the corridor, he had in part just expected her to keep going or tell him to go away like other students had done, instead she seemed friendly enough and was willing to stop. He shook his head at her as he finally closed the distance, "We haven't," he told her slightly out of breath but in a friendly tone, he was desperate to find Slytherin, if only to find out where Gilly was. Certainly the smarter idea would've been to go to the great hall and ask around there, but Nortie knew he'd eventually need to find it and so now was as good a time as ever to do that, and now he had someone who could actually help him! The boy was glad she had stopped, but she seemed like she might be able to help.

Norton grinned happily, "I'm Nortie.....Norton, my sister calls me Nortie," he told her shaking his head and laughing lightly at his own mistake, "I'm looking for Slytherin house? My twin sister Gilly got sorted in Slytherin, and I want to find her and slytherin," the boy told the girl with an excited tone, he was enthralled by magic and he was excited to be at magic, and all the changing circumstances had definitely made him feel a little happier and more at ease. "I'm a hufflepuff, so I don't know where it is," Norton added in case Jessica just thought he had left slytherin and was lost, he could be a little silly at times but not that silly, "Can you help?" he asked the girl, hoping that she could, thinking that this girl probably did know and would help him. he definitely hopeful about it, Norton knew he could probably could find it in a book but he wasn't going to read a book on his first real day at this amazing and magical school!
[/justify]

Jessica Matthews
Member Avatar

Jessica smiled at the boy's enthusiasm. She was glad to hear that his request was only to discover where to find his sister's house, particularly as that house was Slytherin. This she would be able to do. She'd hate to think that she might have had to turn him down and subsequently perhaps make him think she had been unwilling to help. And he was looking for his twin sister, no less. Jessica felt an immediate connection with the boy. She was already missing her own twin dreadfully, and was in the process of trying to write her a letter. It was slightly difficult, seeing as it hadn't actually been that long since she and last seen Laura, and it felt odd, too. Writing letters by hand was just so old-fashioned, but so far there didn't seem to be any computers in the castle. Or post boxes, for that matter. Would she be allowed any communication with her family at all?

With these thoughts in mind, Jessica became even more determined to reunite Norton with his sister. Smiling at him, she said, "Well, I'm actually in Slytherin too, so I could take you there myself if you want?" Thankfully all they would have to do was walk in a downwards direction until they reached the entrance hall, and then from there cross into the dungeons. She was quite sure she could remember the way after that. Motioning for Norton to follow her, she began heading towards the nearest staircase. "I must share a dorm with Gilly, but I'm not sure if I met her last night. What's she like?" Jessica wondered how close the two siblings were; whether they spent a lot of time together. Although, the fact that Norton was already trying to find Gilly was quite a big clue, she supposed. She probably would have done the exact same thing if Laura had been here. "It's a shame you were sorted into different places, you would think they'd let siblings be together."
Posted Image

Norton Gillespie
Member Avatar

[justify]The boy was overjoyed at the fact that this girl, Jessica, was a slytherin and willing to help him in finding the slytherin common room, which was just the best thing ever! "Thank you!" he exclaimed loudly and happily to the girl, Norton was so happy that she was willing to help, "Someone in my dorm room said that the slytherin's wouldn't be nice, but clearly they were super wrong," the boy complimented her, in perhaps quite an odd way. He was just happy that he'd find Gilly, and they'd be able to spend the time together. The hufflepuff had found being away from her a little tricky, of course it would get easier since they had no choice but he definitely missed the ease with which he had once been able to talk with her, without having floors and walls separating them. This would be a little tricky the first few weeks, but Nortie knew he'd get use to it, though he would miss her.

The fact that this girl probably shared a dorm with Gilly, since she was a girl, gilly was a girl and they were both slytherin's so of course they would be sleeping in the same room, of course they might have already met, though not by name. It was the question that Jessica asked that threw him off a little, "Gilly's great!" he told the girl, since she was to Nortie, perhaps maybe because they were twins and therefore she had to be, "She's fun, she's really strong, she's like me but stronger and more fun!" the boy explained in what could only be described as poorly. He agreed in one way that it would be better, and was better to split some people up, but he did miss his sister and he didn't like that he could just go see her at random points in the night, or because he just wanted to sit with her and speak with her without finding a normal location they could both find. He didn't like it but he knew he would grow used to it, "Yeah, it's not great, but clearly the sorting hat thought we were different enough to split us up," The boy told her, "I wanted to be with her, but as long as I find her, it'll be fine!"
[/justify]

Jessica Matthews
Member Avatar

Jessica found herself growing increasingly happier through being in this boy's presence. Forgetting all about the trouble she'd been having with the staircases and finding her way around, she instead became caught up in his seemingly boundless energy and the obvious affection he held for his sister. It made her feel wonderful to be able to help him out, despite what anyone might have said about the general (not) niceness of the house she'd found herself in. "I admit I've heard that a little too, but I haven't met any housemates who have been rude to me at all." This house system certainly seemed to be encouraging everyone to judge each other slightly, and for a moment Jessica was worried that being in Slytherin might hurt her chances of making friends, even briefly contemplating if she could ask to switch. But then she remembered that it hadn't negatively affected her thus far, and Norton had even seemed impressed with her niceness because of it. Perhaps not fitting with her house's general type would actually turn out to benefit her in future.

Jessica continued to smile as Norton described his sister - she thought she might be able to pinpoint Gilly in her mind now, but didn't like to say anything in case she turned out to be wrong. The number of girls that she had to share a dorm room with was atrocious, even if she did happen to like some of them. "Gilly sounds a lot like my sister, Laura - we're twins too. She would have liked it here I think, although I certainly wouldn't have liked to have been in different houses." Blinking a little, Jessica was surprised that she had shared that fact so readily, but couldn't really bring herself to feel regretful of it - if anyone was able to understand how she felt right now it seemed it would be Norton. "I hope Gilly will still be in the common room or dorm. Although, maybe she's already trying to find you as well - we might see her on the way." It would be preferable to traipsing all over the school looking for the girl - Jessica didn't think she'd be able to be quite so helpful then.
Posted Image

Norton Gillespie
Member Avatar

[justify]The boy hadn't really thought about what he was saying about Slytherin until he'd said it, it was only what someone else had told him, he of course knew that his sister was a lovely and amazing person, so slytherin had to have kind people, so maybe the person he'd heard it from just hadn't had the occasion to meet many slytherin's yet, "But, if you are a slytherin and my sister is a slytherin and you are both lovely people, then it just has to be untrue!" Norton told her excitedly, "Maybe there are just some bad eggs giving the house a bad name" he didn't entirely as a muggleborn understand the houses and he could see how a few bad people would give an entire house a bad name. Norton grinned at her with a warmth and excitement, since she was helping him he had a certain level of gratitude towards her, and it was pretty clear on his face.

The fact that this girl was also a twin, but it appeared that she wasn't magical like Jessica was, "Oh no!" he frowned at her, he didn't entirely understand how magic worked or how it was passed from family to family, "I can't imagine not having Gilly here with me! Or her being here without me! That must be awful," he couldn't help but say before realising perhaps that wasn't what this girl really wanted to hear. He couldn't imagine what it was like to not have his twin with him. Perhaps it was different because of all he and Gilly had recently been through, but he felt bad for Jessica, but he didn't know how to make things better for her. The hufflepuff was therefore rather glad she moved the discussion along and he shook his head at her, "It doesn't really matter if she isn't there really, I just need to know where it is for the future. This school is HUGE! I don't want to be getting every time when I want to find her, so if she's there that's awesome, but if she isn't at least I know where it is!" he said proudly with a broad smile and joyful expression, "And I'm definitely going to find it with you here helping me! If you need help finding Hufflepuff, I can help you in return. I mean you might not have a reason to visit it before, but now you've meet me, you'll have to come visit occasionally!"
[/justify]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Second Floor Corridor · Next Topic »