Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand! We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hogwarts New Zealand is an interactive Harry Potter Role playing experience, set after the epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in an assumed reality where a new branch of Hogwarts has opened in New Zealand!
What new magic exists now? What new events are occurring across the Wizarding World? What new forces oppose those of good?
Join today as a House Elf, Professor, Shopkeeper, Ministry Worker, Student or anything else and find out!

Join the magic!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
*Mult-Quote Mult-Quote
Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows
Topic Started: Nov 14 2016, 04:15 PM (261 Views)
Elizabeth Chatwin
Member Avatar
Keen || Charmer || Dreamer || Stubborn

Elizabeth her flight had landed safely and she was due for some serious leg stretching. A twenty five hour flight wasn't nothing and for a jumpy ten year old it was even worse. Her dad had greeted her at the airport with a tight hug. He had not seen her for over a year and she had changed a lot since. After answering about three hundred questions about what she had done the whole year and who she had meet she was free to explore New Zealand. Her dad had given her some money to buy something she liked. Well, not everything it had to be in legal limits and definitely no boys. ''Dad and his stupid rules'' Lizzy muttered making her way through the mall. ''I am ten already, I can do whatever I desire.'' Lizzy spoke silently while rolling her eyes. After buying a can of energy drink and a tiny sandwich she continued her tiny adventure. Jet lag was kicking in and she had to say she was pretty tired from the flight. Not wanting to give up she walked back into the packed crowd. Trying to squeeze her body in the stream of busy shoppers. Finally after her search the found the shop she was looking for. The display window had all kinds of lovely treats and sweets. A row of lollipops with a chocolate fountain in the middle. Drool was almost dripping from the side of her mouth. ''Lizzy snap out of this, you look like a total idiot now.'' Lizzy giggled almost silently and continued staring at the goods. With a quick look at herself in the window she entered the shop. Greeted by a lovely smell of chocolate and a sweet aroma of all kinds of yummy sweets.
Elizabeth Bo Chatwin
Posted Image
Big thank you to Phoebe for making this banner.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phoebe Holland
Member Avatar
Devious | Fearless | Funny | Curious | Science & Magic

Phoebe was booooooored. She was in this boring mall with her boring family and she wished she was at home. Or better yet, at school where Rose was.

She missed her sister more than she ever thought she would, and it made her feel annoyed. It wasn't fair, she was so close to Rose in age that it felt like she should be at school too. Learning magic and having fun. Rose had written about her midnight adventures in her letters and it had been hard to read. Oh how she wished she had magic, she could do so many experiments with the right spells.

Instead, she was here, in a boring mall. Her parents were both busy with her younger sisters, and had given her permission to go get something on her own. She was the oldest at home now, and that did have some advantages.

It hadn't taken her long to decide where she wanted to go. There was this amazing sweets shop, and she immediately headed that way. Maybe she could write Rose about all the awesome sweets she had, that was bound to make her jealous in return. Though, sweets weren't quite as good as magic.

She headed inside eagerly and almost immediately bumped into the back of another girl in her haste to get to the chocolate she wanted. ""Whoops!" She said, laughing. "Sorry."
Posted Image

Elizabeth Chatwin
Member Avatar

The chocolate that was displayed looked so good. They had like a gazillion flavours and they all sounded like they were absolutely delicious. Well some of them didn't sound delicious at all, why on earth was there a bacon and wasabi flavoured bar. Elly picked up a nice looking caramel sea salt flavoured bar and just as she picked it up someone bumped into her. ''Hey, watch where you are going!"Elizabeth turned around to see who had bumped into her. She hoped that the girl didn't do it on purpose. She didn't got hurt or anything, but she felt embarrassed by the situation.

''Are you alright?'' Elly spoke softly to the girl, not wanting to scare her. Maybe she was just having a bad day. Elizabeth offered her a hand, so she was back on her legs.''If you wanted to look at the chocolate you could have asked me.'' Elizabeth giggled and smiled ''I mean I don't bite." For some reason Elly found it quiet funny that the girl almost fell flat on her face. Her mind already raced to the list of medical problems you could get from doing so. The girl looked to be around her age and it would be fun to have some friends in New Zealand. Not that they would stay she would be locked up in school in a couple of months. Hogwarts was kind of a twenty-four hours thing. ''I am Elly..Eh Elizabeth.'' ''And you are?" Elizabeth asked politely.
Elizabeth Bo Chatwin
Posted Image

Phoebe Holland
Member Avatar

The girl she'd run into was thankfully around her age, but she did seem a little annoyed at first. "Sorry." Phoebe said again, grinning slightly. "I was a little too eager to get to my candy, didn't mean to bump into you. I'm fine, what about you?" She hoped she hadn't hurt the other girl, but she really wanted to look at the different flavors of chocolate. This store had some weird ones, and trying them would be so much fun. But talking to this girl was interesting too. Someone around her age might join her at Hogwarts next year, and knowing someone already would be a great advantage. "I'm Phoebe, nice to meet you Elizabeth." She grinned, noticing the other girl's slip up. "Or should I call you Elly?"

She peered around the other girl at the chocolate bars, seeing a few interesting ones, like one with chili pepper. That was crazy, she had to try it. She reached for it curiously, wondering if it would be tasty at all or just gross. Either way, it would be a fun experiment. Especially if she could trick someone unsuspecting into taking a bite, like her sister, or maybe her dad. "Have you ever tried one of these weird flavors?" She asked as she glanced at Elizabeth.
Posted Image

Elizabeth Chatwin
Member Avatar

Although she didn't came her for chitchat, she couldn't blatantly ignore the girl. The jet lag made it hard to understand her since it gave her a constant headache. "Doesn't matter...'' Elly muttered, still in awe of the giant amount of different types of sweets. The girl hadn't hurt her so there was literally no reason to be mad at her. In her mind Elizabeth was still thinking about what kind of chocolate she wanted, but the girl in front of her had different plans. Apparently her name was Phoebe, Phoebe was a nice not common name. At least Elizabeth hadn't heard it before. ''I don't mind, Elizabeth or Elly.. both are fine'' Elizabeth smiled broadly.

Elly saw that the girl was looking at the wares she was previously looking at. The different arrangement of what the flying monkey flavours of chocolate bars. ''No, I would love to experiment with them though.'' Elly muttered matter of factly almost. ''Just check what it will do to people.'' ''Maybe make them even sick.'' ''I mean...Bacon and Cheese flavoured choclate can't be good can it?'' When Elizabeth got excited she kind of started to ramble a lot.Most of these flavours didn't look appetizing and she had no clue who would come up with such types of monstrosities. Maybe a wizard wanted to pull a joke with Muggles and made these bars for muggles to eat. Elizabeth started to giggle at her thoughts. Oh god, the girl must think she was crazy. It didn't matter any ways soon she was of to Hogwarts closed of from the Muggle world.

Most of the times Elizabeth couldn't care less what people thought about her. She was pretty good in voicing herself, but what would you want with two parents twenty five hours away from each other constantly bickering about god knows what.
Elizabeth Bo Chatwin
Posted Image

Phoebe Holland
Member Avatar

Phoebe smiled. "Cool, I'll call you Elly. That sounds more fun." She said happily. This girl seemed nice, though a little distracted. Maybe she just wanted to get at the candy, Phoebe could relate.

Elly said the weird couldn't possibly be good but Phoebe disagreed. "You never know, it might be delicious. Like, chocolate is good and cheese is good and bacon is good so maybe it's good?" She grinned at the idea. "Or maybe it's awful, but there's only one way to find out. Right?" She watched the other girl and wondered if she would rise to the challenge or if she would go to find some normal tasting candy. "I'm going to get some. If it's awful I'll just send it to my sister at Hogwarts and pretend its regular chocolate." She laughed at the mental image of Rose's face when took an unsuspecting bite, but then her face fell again. If Rose had been here they would have found the weirdest sorts of candy together and tried them, Rose was always up for a challenge. Phoebe missed her all over again. "I'm going there next year too." She said, almost to herself.
Posted Image

Elizabeth Chatwin
Member Avatar

The girl didn't agree with her opinion on the odd chocolates. She didn't mind, opinions excised for a reason. ''Well, spaghetti bolognese is good, but I wouldn't want it topped with strawberry jam'' Elly smiled, maybe chocolate bacon wasn't that bad. ''True, maybe I should get some as well.. If it isn't good I can feed it to my dad as some fancy chocolate.''Elizabeth hadn't put any thought in the idea that Phoebe would be joining her at Hogwarts, but Phoebe going to Hogwarts wasn't bad. She finally would know someone on school already. Thinking about the magical world, you had these Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. They had some oddly flavoured ones and they were sometimes surprisingly delicious. Her mother sometimes got them for her from Diagon Alley, which is a magical shopping street in London.

''Are you excited for going to Hogwarts?'' Elizabeth said while looking at a display filled with tasteful potions. Elizabeth wondered if she missed her sister, she didn't have any siblings. Missing one was a feeling she would never witness. Elly didn't mind going to Hogwarts, she loved to stay at her dads and do muggle stuff. She played soccer with her dad in her free time and she wasn't a poorly player either. Unfortunately, she couldn't join a team though, since she switched every year between parents. ''Have you seen these? Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, supossed to never loose its flavour!'' Elizabeth gasped, ''Do you think it works?'' It would probably work, since false advertising in the Wizarding World would be really odd.

''Maybe I will just go for something simple, chocolate with rice krispies or something.'' Elizabeth muttered, she didn't want to buy expensive chocolate to throw it away one second later. ''How old is your sister, I totally forgot to ask!'' Elly was like a chaotic professor sometimes.
Edited by Elizabeth Chatwin, Nov 28 2016, 01:21 PM.
Elizabeth Bo Chatwin
Posted Image

Phoebe Holland
Member Avatar

Phoebe latched onto the other girl's comment at once, grinning. "Why wouldn't you want it topped with strawberry jam? You haven't tried it, maybe it tastes delicious." She said teasingly. "Or maybe it is awful, which I admit it more likely. But... well, you never know until you try." Phoebe was a big believer of trying everything before giving a judgement. The comment Elizabeth made about her dad made Phoebe laugh. "That would be funny. Especially this wasabi one." She picked it up and examined it. "I'm definitely getting this one."

Then Elizabeth started talking about Hogwarts, and Phoebe followed her through the store to keep talking to her after taking a few weird chocolate bars off the shelves. It was nice to have someone her own age. Her younger sister Diana was eight, practically a baby, and she acted like it too. This girl seemed to be more on her own level. "I'm very excited. I honestly feel like I should have been there already." She said. It made her annoyed to think of everything Rose was learning that she wasn't yet, especially because Rose wouldn't truly appreciate it. Then Elizabeth showed her Drooble's Best Blowing Gum and Phoebe frowned. "I guess it would work... but what do they mean by never? How would they test that? If I started chewing now and did so for a hundred years would it still taste the same? How do you test flavor? People all taste things differently. Besides, never implies that it wouldn't lose its flavor even in a billion years, which is something they simply can't have tested." She paused. "But it probably works well enough." She added with a shrug.

She examined cockroach clusters, wondering if even she dared to try those. She dismissed them, there was no reason to torture yourself even for the sake of trying new things. Elizabeth asked about her sister and Phoebe sighed. "She's eleven. We're only a year apart." Her voice betrayed some bitterness and she looked away. It wasn't like her to be jealous, but how couldn't she be at this point?
Edited by Phoebe Holland, Dec 6 2016, 04:54 PM.
Posted Image

Elizabeth Chatwin
Member Avatar

Elly was still deep in thought about Hogwarts and the fact that she disliked spaghetti bolognese with strawberry jam. ''Well, maybe we should try it on Hogwarts'' Although Elizabeth was very sceptical about it tasting good, it was worth a try. A smile appeared briefly on Elly, what if it was good and she got addicted. Elly giggled by the thought, it couldn't be good. ''Maybe I should pick one up aswell'' Elly crouched down to find the last of a ketchup and mayonnaise flavoured bar. This bar must be a real killer if it was hidden this well. I mean she had to crouch down and shove some other bars to the side to find this particular flavour. When Phoebe examined the cockroach clusters Elly had to gag. She was glad the girl didn't buy any. Spaghetti bolognese with strawberry jam was one thing, but that was just rancid.

The girl spoke about how she couldn't wait to be at Hogwarts. Although she would love to go there and learn everything that was possible, she would miss the outside world. I mean you couldn't go visit the park or get something from the local restaurant if you fancied. ''Well, I think they have tested this gum somehow. Aren't there ageing spells that work on objects and maybe after doing one they tasted it again?'' Elly thought that could be a possible solution to test if it never lost its flavour. Elizabeth noticed the change in tone immediately. ''Do you hate your sister?'' Elly didn't mean to be blunt, she was just overly curious. ''I am sorry if I offended you with that, sorry.'' she added quickly after. Not that she didn't want to know the answer now, it just seemed polite to say.
Elizabeth Bo Chatwin
Posted Image

Phoebe Holland
Member Avatar

"We should." Phoebe agreed. "I want to try everything there and it'd be nice to have someone to try it with." She smiled in amusement at Elly's reaction of her consideration of the cockroach clusters. She now knew what to buy this girl if she ever wanted to prank her. The chocolate flavor she got seemed really interesting, though, and Phoebe wondered what it would taste like.

Her comments about the gum made sense, and it disgruntled Phoebe a bit. "That could have happened." She said. "That's a good point, actually. But real life is still different and they still couldn't have tested it for forever." But she shrugged, she had to admit Elly had a point.

The question about her sister caught her off guard and she frowned at the other girl. "What? why would I hate her?" She asked, crossing her arms. "I don't. I love her." She sighed, looking away. "It's just not fair that she's there without me. She keeps writing me about all these friends she's making and her classmates and I should be there." She bit her lip, wondering if Rose missed her at all. It didn't seem like it.
Posted Image

Elizabeth Chatwin
Member Avatar

In her mind she was already organising a candy eating contest. In the lines of who could eat the most odd flavoured chocolate bars or who could eat the most candy without puking. ''We should smuggle candy in by owls and hold annual candy eating contests'' Elly snickered. Elizabeth looked around there was still so much too see. I mean she could be here for another day and still not have seen everything. ''Maybe there is a person locked up in a cage somehwere still chewing on the gum.'' Elly paused ''As a punishment of course. Chewing gum is beter than Azkaban right.'' Elly smiled people would probably look at her weirdly if they heard. Luckily for her the only person that had heard her comment was Phoebe.

Elly did not have any siblings, so she wouldn't know how it felt if someone got to Hogwarts first. She wouldn't mind though, you only got seven years and it wasn't like your sister or brother got one extra. ''Well, next year you and I will be at Hogwarts too.'' Elly smiled ''Making new friends, doing god knows what and probably make other people jealous'' Elly paused for a bit and looked at Phoebe ''Isn't that the same? We only need to wait a year longer'' Elizabeth knew she made some sense, but she didn't know if it made sense for others. Since Elly could ramble quiet a lot if she wanted.
Elizabeth Bo Chatwin
Posted Image

Phoebe Holland
Member Avatar

Phoebe liked Elly's idea about candy, but she was much more interested in the gum argument. "Unless they're making someone chew gum in Azkaban." She said, thinking. "Where else do you lock people up, anyway?" She mentally added this to her list of things to find out, it was quite long. "If I ever did anything bad, I'd want that punishment." She agreed. "At least you'd be doing something for science, and its tasty too." Phoebe was pretty sure she'd never do anything bad enough to end up in Azkaban, but who knew. Well, she was at least fifty percent sure.

The talk about Rose made her a little mad. Of course Elly was right, she knew she was. But when you were unreasonably mad and annoyed the last thing you wanted was someone to disagree with you and be right wile doing it. "A year is long." Phoebe said with a shrug. She glanced at the window of the shop. "Anyway, I should go back to my parents. So uh, I'll see you when we're at Hogwarts. Maybe we're in the same House." She gave Elly a quick wave, still feeling a little annoyed but trying not to show it because she knew it was irrational. Phoebe paid for the sweets she wanted and left the store to look for her parents and sisters.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Mākutu Mall · Next Topic »