Who wants to lounge?

Victor Crimson

OOC First Name
Madz
Victor was reading a book, a series of novels of unfortunate events. He didn't have a reason to read these books, wasn't much of a reader to put it this way. His mother had sent them as a gift for early Christmas presents. Along with other sorts of item, non electric of course that was the only thing he hated. The school didn't allow things like ipods, or any sort of m3player. Its been months since he last heard music, only time he really was able to listen to it was when some students played their own instruments around hogwarts, special events and when he went to Brightstone hoping to catch a tune or two from the jukebox.

Sitting down in the castle new lounging area he look rather interested in the book this time. He didn't want to disappoint his mother, because he knew she be asking if he read them or not. Vic was not the type to fib, kinda weird but eh that was him.

Cecily walked into the lounge with her guitar. Usually she would just play in the common room, but today she had found it too crowded with people studying for exams. She sat down not too far from a boy reading a book she recognized and began to play absentmindedly. "So, what do you think of that book so far?" she questioned the boy, "I never really liked that series myself, but to each thier own I spose. You don't mind me playing here do you?"

Victor looked up to see a much younger girl approach him. "Well its okay I guess, my mother making me read it." he chuckle as he tossed the book to the side. He hope without remebering he would lose the book somehow, that would give him an excuse for not reading the entire series. "No I don't mind you playing, I actually rather listen than read." he laughed again his form sloutch against the couch, watching her play.

Cecily laughed and smiled at the boys reply. "Cool. I'm Cecily by the way, Gryffindor first year, California born and bred. How bout yourself?" she said, making easy conversation with the seemingly laid back boy

"Really? Sweet I'm from California." Victor coax backed, giving her a sly smile. "I'm from L.A, famous." he beamed as he sat more up, "Oh and a Gryffindor 3rd year," he added as he rest his arms on the arm rest. "So that's where you must get your music talent from? Must be, that's where all the famous either originated from or moved there." another reason why he loved it, but it was crazy at times, that's why he didn't mind the mellow atmosphere in New Zealand, well at least around school that is.

Cecily laughed at the boy, suprised and happy to have found a fellow californian In this school that was so far away from everything and everyone she knew and loved. "Nah, I actually get my musical talent from my mom. She was a song writer. I'm from San Diego myself. Whats it like livin in L.A.? I heard it can get rough at times" she said, thinking back to stories she had heard from some of her older friends. "You haven't told me your name yet by the way. I need something to call you dude." she added with a mischevious smile.

"Well I don't mind the name dude." Victor laughed, poking his tongue out. "Well I'm Victor Crimson but you can call me Vic." he would say, his curly hair bouncing as he sat up a bit, still seated comfortable in the lounge chair. "I know sounds sort of medieval, my father said its in old name from those times." he thoughtfully explain it a little to Cecily. "L.A not that bad, you just have to know which places is more to hang, and which places are forbidden." he added as his eyes grew wide when he mention the forbidden zones. "I've been to San Diego before, I have a cousin who lives there. Its hills city? Right?" he asked, he remembered it was way back, two years before Vic came to Hogwarts. His cousin was more into skateboarding, that's why he mention the hills. It had to be the same city, its where you get the most speed.

Cecily laughed fondly at Victor's statement. "Yeah, there are alot of hills there. It's funny you should mention skateboarding, I have a ton of friends who do it. Longboarding mostly, if you know what that is. I don't skate though, I'm more of a surfer chick myself" she stated with a wink. "I'd love to see L.A. sometime, maybe I can convince my brother to take a trip down there. And I like you're name, it sounds cool. I wish I had a cool last name like Crimson. Although, Kiernan means little dark one in gealic or something supposedly, so I suppose it suits." Cecily sat back in her chair, enjoying conversation with the boy who seemed to be becoming her new friend.

Victor face lit up when she mention long board and surfing at the same time. "Oh sweet! Yes my cousin a long boarder, he has a team over there as well. They are sponsors by bill-a-bong I'm not sure if you ever heard of that clothing line. Actually this wrist band is one of their logo.-" he showed Cecily a wrist band he never really takes off, it was something to remind him of California, home to be exact. "Thanks, I thought it was weird growing up but I like yours. Actually a lot of names here I never heard them before, its so different compare to home.--" he said with a smile. "I'm still trying to get use to magic, being a muggelborn and having to balance two worlds apart sort of hard." he explain a little, "I'm sure the same for you?"

Cecily smiled when he mentioned the company. "Sure I know it, I am a cali-girl after all. They always carry billabong stuff at pacsun, and i love pacsun." she said, blue eyes twinkling. "Same here, I thought there was a whole bunch of weird names back home since America is like, the mixing pot or whatever, but you get here and there are people with names like Zukini and Xena.... man, and I used to think Cecily was weird" she said with a laugh, knowing she was exaggeriting a bit as she had never actually met someone named Xena. "I'm actually pretty used to the magic though. I'm a pure blood..... so I guess the magics in my blood. But I SO don't fit the sterotypes so don't you go judging me here. It's weird coming here from California though. I miss home. " she continued with a small sigh, her eyes clearly showing hope that Victor would not reject her friendship once learning she was a pure-blood.

Victor motion with his hands, as they slid together to entwine with his own. “Oh yes of course, and I can’t believe you’re a surfer.” He said with a enlighten smile as she mention pacsun, and billabong. “I’m a surfer myself; I think it was the same company that was going to sponsor me once.” He said with a grin. “Surfing is my all time passion, along with many sorts of muggel sports.” His hair bouncing as he leans forward in the armchair. “Oh! You’re a pureblood, that’s awesome! And I wasn’t going to judge actually it doesn’t matter to me. You could probably teach me some sort of magic, because at this point I’m a bit clueless.” Although he was improving in his lessons, he didn’t mind learning a few new things, he wanted so bad to show his parents what he had accomplish when he went to visit them this summer. “Sweet knowing that you live close, maybe I will see you this summer.” He smiled as he thought of the possibilities actually hanging out with her. Maybe she could educate his parents more about the magic world, they to were clueless, however they sported Victor as much as they could.

Cecily smiled at the boy, a grateful happiness showing in her pretty blue eyes. "Thank you Vic, I'd be totally happy to teach you anything you'd like to know" she said genuinely. "You almost got sponsored? That's so sick! I'm totally jealous. We should totally hang out and go surfing sometime this summer. You could teach me to be better at that, and I'll teach you some stuff about magic." she said in excitement.

"I was so close but I'm hoping one day to actually get sponsored." he smiled as she suggested they should hang during the summers. "Course that be awesome! We could go down where I live." even though she was bit young Victor didn't mind the age difference at all, either way he was just happy to have met someone like her. "Well that's if your parents let you? My parents are kind of strict but I live so close to the beach so I'm used to going there every day. Is their any pro surfer you look up to?" he asked, as he thought of the ones he liked.

"Uhmmm, I like Stephanie Gilmore, but mostly surfing is just a fun hobby for me. I'm focusing more on the music goal, or maybe being an auror or something. And yeah.... my dad could care less, probably no one would even notice I'm gone. It's mostly just me and my brother around anyway" she said, a troubled shadow crossing over her face briefly as she mentioned her father.

"Oh your into music? I like a little bit of it myself, more into muggel music though so don't ask me about wizard bands." he said with a light chuckle. "Aww that's not cool, dads suppose to be you know very protective over girls." at least that's what Victor thought, he wasn't a girl and his father still worries about him. Victor started to notice wizaring family were a lot more strict than his own, and did you also notice most girls didn't get along with their dads. He wonderd what may have happen to them, he didn't want to be rude and just ask, so he continue the subject on music. "Besides the guitar what else do you play?" he asked as he sat up listening with a smile.

"Oh my gosh, I'm obsessed with music. Trust me, you don't want to get me started. I love it all, anything, muggle, wizard, old new, rock, country. Literally like almost anything." She said with a glint in her eye. She laughed at the dad comment, thinking of how he was probably the only thing she really needed protecting from. "Trust me, my big brother does enough protecting to make up for it. He's nuts, but he definately lets me have my fun. Jake's fantastic" at the thought of how much her brother did for her. "I'm not trying to brag, but...... music's my talent. I'm really lucky, I grew up with it. My mom used to say I have an ear for it. Basically, I can pick up almost any instrument and figureout how its done, but my talents are mostly for stringed instruments. I can play the violin, bass guitar, cello and piano all really well. I dabble in drums a bit too." she said, blushing slightly at talking about something she was actually really good at.

"That's rad." he smiled the brother comment, someone he may have to look out for since Victor did much handle over protective brothers. "Well I don't do much instruments except the trombone and the drums." he said laughing as he curls his finger by the arm rest. "My parents can be very anal at times, they expected the best from me, but I had to tell them no more trombone lesson." he recalled back a memory when he did that. His father was fine with it, his mother was the one that went ballistic on him. "You should like really let me hear you play, and tell me the bands you like!" he sat on the edge of his seat. They probably had similar taste, but Victor wasn't so sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back