Makato stops by

Kat gave him one more tight squeeze and then pulled away, but grabbed his hand, not wanting to let go just yet. Her next class wasn't until noon and she had plenty of time to revise for exams later on. Right now she wanted to stay as close to him as possible, knowing that in a few hours he'd probably be gone again and she wouldn't see him all summer. Still holding tightly to his hand, Kat lead Makato to the end of one of the long tables and sat down. She was still too anxious to eat anything, but she had no objection to talking. There were so many things that she wanted to know...that she needed to know. "So....where to start." Kat said looking at him, not exactly sure what she wanted to know first. "Urm, how have you been?" she added, knowing it sounded lame, but she didn't know what else to say.

"Well I was staying with Tillian my caretaker after I left. My nanny had died while I was at school and so I was left in the care of her son Tillian. However Tillianis leaving so he left me in the care of the Black family and told me that I need to return to school this fall." Makato said as he picked up a cup of orange juice.

"Wow, seems like quite a bit has gone on with you then. I'm so sorry that Tillian is leaving...I know how much he meant to you." she said sincerely. Kat just stared at him for a few minutes, still trying to let it sink in that he was coming back, hoping that she wasn't going to wake up one second and find that this was all just a cruel dream. She had a question right on the tip of her tongue, but couldn't bring herself to ask it just yet. Why didn't he write? That was all she wanted to know, but she figured that answer would come in due time. "So how do you like this new family that you're living with?" she asked thoughtfully, not really sure what else to ask at the moment.

"They are alright for the time being.They are very invested in my education and upbringing which can be tough some days. But it has its perks they allow me to have full run of the house and when we go to town I am allowed money to buy stuff." makato explained as he looked into Kats eyes, there was something under the top layer something eating at her.

Kat gave Makato a warm smile as she listened to him. "Well having free run of the house is definietly a good thing." she said, her mind still far away.

Makato smiled. "I should have a party and invite some of my friends over , what do you think?"

"Mhmm, sounds like fun." she replied only half listening to what he was saying, still wondering if now was the time to ask him about the lack of letters. Kat decided that it wasn't because it would probably just cause her to get all worked up again and that was the last thing she needed. She caught a glimpse of the time on her watch...she had class in 20 minutes and was going to be late if she didn't go soon and the last thing she wanted to do right now was leave Makato. Kat sighed heavily as she looked at him and said sadly, "I have to go. If I don't go now then i'm going to be late for class...again." She paused for a moment and then continued, "I'm guessing this means that I won't see you until school starts back in the fall then?" It was more of a question than an obvious statement.

"oh okay , you dont have to worry we will see each other agian I will make sure of that . Send me an owl sometime okay?" Makato said as he stood up and waited to give kat a hug.

Kat grabbed her bag and placed it over her shoulder as she stood up as well and then looked at Makato with doubt in her eyes. "Are you actually going to write?" she had to ask. She knew it sounded harsh, but she had to know before she wasted a whole summer.

Makato walked over to the girl and bent to look into her eyes."I promise I will write this time." Makato said in a very serious voice as if his life depended on it.

Kat gave a small sigh of relief and looking up at Makato with a smile she said, "Then i'll write." She hugged him tightly and then let him go saying, "I have to go." Kat gave him one last hug and then turned to leave the great hall, but before she went through the doors she turned to look at him and smiled again.

Makato hug the girl tightly then watched as she head off to class, She turned around to look at him. Makato could not help but smile. "I am not a dream trust me!!!".

When she heard his words she knew that he was right, he wasn't a dream, he was really here...he was really coming back. Nothing could have been more perfect at this moment and Kat was the happiest she'd been in months. She had to will herself to move from that spot, but she reluctantly turned and headed down the corridor to her class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back