OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curved 17 Inch Unyielding Birch Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Valerius didn't want to admit when he was out of his depths. But sometimes (and just sometimes) he really did need advice. And today, he needed Aine's advice. Even if all of her romantic experience was from dime-store novels, it was still more than he had. Besides, as one of his two best friends (and as the girl of the group) he just felt like she was the best place for him to turn. So, he'd sent her a note before ambling up to the student lounge. He dropped into a chair, dragging a hand over his face. He made sure to sit as non-chalantly as possible, tilted a bit too the side with an arm over the back of the chair and a leg over the side of it. Showing off his custom buckled boots, his skinny jeans admittedly pulling a little tight as he stretched, and he reached up to re-button his shirt by one. Something told him that Aine would probably tease him at least a touch if he had too many buttons undone. He leant his head back, sighing, and wondering what he thought he was doing. He didn't even know Kiara, not really... but she seemed soft, and sweet, and apparently that was his type. He turned his eyes to the door, forcing all thoughts from his mind, just waiting for his friend to arrive.

Aine had to roll her eyes at Valerius' note. He was certainly in dire straits if he was turning to her for help. But, Aine thought, let it never be said she'd leave a friend high and dry. She may not have been the best at showing affection, but she did have a heart somewhere buried under the neurosis and sarcasm. Somewhere. It might have been debatable when she got to the student lounge, folded her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow at Valerius. "How long did you spend engineering that pose?" she asked, tilting her head and walking past some nervous looking younger students. "Right. I'm very busy and very important now, so you're fortunate I can spare some time," she joked, smirking and taking a seat next to Valerius. "Nah, but seriously, are you doing alright?"

Valerius smirked as Aine appeared, sighing dramatically. "More time than I care to admit." He told her, trying to stay lighthearted. He sighed more sincerely though and sat up so that Aine could sit with him. He chuckled at her words, and shook his head, running a hand through his hair. "Hell if I know," He countered immediately, peeking up at her. "Thanks for coming by, though, Aine, I know you have a lot going on and listening to me whine about problems can't be high up on your list." He gave her a half hearted smile.

Aine knew if she let him, Valerius would talk in circles around the problem and try to push the focus on to anything else, so she had to be extremely straightforward in her approach or they'd never get anywhere. "It's somewhere in the middle," she joked, it was better than dealing with first years at least. "But it's what I'm here for. So, talk to me. What's going on?"

Valerius chuckled. "Sounds about right," He agreed. He bit his lip as she cut through to the problem. He sighed and leant back a bit more against the chair. "Alright, alright." He ran a hand over his hair. "I... you remember my problems with Margo?" He asked softly. "How stupid I was, how she ghosted me, it was a whole mess, I never managed to clean up." He forced himself to just keep going, shutting his eyes. "It's a bit of why I decided to rebel so much this year. I meant to keep to myself, you know, just shut off and act like nothing mattered so nothing could get to me again. Buuut," He opened his eyes and gave her a shaky half grin, trying to act confident when he didn't feel it. "Apparently I have a type- soft, sweet girls. Know Kiara Thompson?" He asked, feeling himself blush a little.

Aine folded her arms across her chest, her face screwing up in thought as she listened to what Valerius had to say. She had to keep silent on the whole Margo thing - Margo was her roommate, after all, and she suspected there was a bit more to it than what she'd heard from Valerius. Aine was just going to have to be Switzerland in this situation. "Sheesh, could have at least gotten a nose piercing for your rebellion," she joked, having gotten a couple of extra piercings on her ears over the holidays for the sake of it.

Aine raised her eyebrows at the revelation. "Yeah, I patrolled with her last year. She's nice," she wasn't necessarily close with Kiara, but certainly had no issues with the other girl. "Runs the Wild Patch club. Pretty smart." Aine wasn't going to mention that she thought Kiara should have been considered for Head Girl before she did, same with Margo, that was a whole other matter. "You gotta stop calling girls soft, though. Blankets are soft. These are smart, hardworking young women who are kind, but also strong." She tapped the side of her head, giving a wry smirk. "They just aren't outright mean like I am."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back