Applying for university!

Alexis Richarde

Alexis was glad to have a moment of peace for once and at the moment she needed it sorely. Today she was filling out university applications and one in particular was the school she had always wanted to go to after Hogwarts and if she did well in this and the inverview well she would be in. She would be golden and she could start having the life she wanted and planned, it wouldn't even matter of Izaak and Isabella were a family because she had Oxford University. She would be with her best friends again and would be learning at the brilliant school for Classics and England and Biochemistry.

For the first time, being a witch benefitted her in the most obvious ways as three magical quills filled out three different applications while she hand wrote one. The strawberry blonde was sprawled along the floor with many books and applications to muggle universities across the world piled up. Alexis had already done the tests during the winter break and to her pleasure, she had passed with very high marks and she was getting her father's 'people' to convert her high wizarding marks into muggle marks so she could attend the school she wished, despite his displeasure in seeing his daughter opt for the life his son had lived out without any choice being made.

Alexis set her quill down and looked around as she fiddled with her bulky necklace so very relieved that no one was going to get in her way when she did this. The Gryffindor needed to put all her concentration into this so she could get into Oxford. It meant more then the world to her and there was no way she was not getting it.

Andy's head was pounding from all the extra work she had started to pile on herself. She had also just received a letter from her godmother about an appointment that she had made on her behalf at St. Mungo's. She hadn't been able to read it all through at the lunch table but had every intention of doing so in the student lounge. As she pushed open the door levitating some heavy books from the library her gaze fell to the only other person in the room. Alexis seemed to have every spare inch of space taken up with what looked like various application forms. Hoping the girl wouldn't run screaming from the room when she saw it was her werewolf room-mate, Andy put on her 'nice' smile.

"Hi Alexis, you look busy" she walked over to the table and placed the books on an empty chair, sitting in the one beside it. Hoping her voice had the right amount of calm and reassurance she attempted another smile at the girl.

Alexis looked up as she heard someone speak her name, she nodded lightly at Andromeda's observation. She was too busy and anxious to actually think of her fear of the Werewolf. "University applications," she said with a nod. "And you?" she asked as she picked up her quill once more and began writing out a personal essay for her Oxford University application. She chewed down on her bottom lip heavily, it was really quite hard to talk yourself up without seeming big headed so decided she would go to the next field of the application. Alexis picked up her biochemistry text book and skimmed through it, hoping that her answers that would come from this would be enough to be enough to get her to her university of choice.

Andy thought about what the girl said, she didn't really know of any wizarding universities but presumed there must be some if Alexis was applying to them.
"Any in New Zealand? Any famous ones?" not that it would make a difference to her considering she didn't know any of them anyhow. Andromeda rolled out her parchment of notes and smiled at her room mate.

"Uhm just some revision... for my OWLs. I sort of got distracted in the first term and didn't do much revision then so really want to catch up and stay on top of things" she had so much to get through it really wasn't funny at all. The astronomy class was really interesting but the work was infinitely harder and even the muggle studies class was laying it on thick and heavy. There simply seemed like pages galore of text book and parchment to get through.

Alexis shook her head as Andy asked if there were any in New Zealand. "Yup. Oxford University, Cambridge U, Sydney U and a few back home in America," she said with a smile. While the universities back by her home country were great, her life long goal had been Oxford. Cambridge was her back up school. "Muggle universities," she added in case Andromeda hadn't known about them which she doubted but then again you never really knew.

"Ugh OWLs," Alexis muttered, remembering them but also remembering that she had to take her NEWTs this year which would not be fun. It didn't matter if she wasn't going to have a wizarding job she still needed to graduate like she had promised her father, who still didn't understand why she wanted to live a normal, muggle life. But she couldn't blame him, he was the President of Magic after all. "NEWTs are probably going to be hours of hell," she said hatefully.

Andy clasped her fingers together and tucked them between her knees, bunching up her shoulders as she listened to Alexis talk about the universities. She couldn't believe that they were all muggle ones.
"Don't you want to be part of the wizarding world any more then?" Andromeda could never go back to her old life, her old world no matter how much she might want to. Even a visit had to be approved by the ministry first.
"What are you going to study?" her inquisitive nature came to the fore, she realized she knew nothing at all about her new room mate except that she had been a really good friend to Kat and Kiera in her absence and her fear of werewolves. She couldn't help but chuckle at Alexis' reaction to OWLs and grimaced herself at the thought of the NEWTs.

"Yeah my boyfriend has NEWTs as well but I'm sure he's prepared, at least I hope he is. I'd hate to think I was monopolizing his time when he should be studying".

Alexis shrugged her shoulders as Andromeda asked if she wanted to be a part of the wizarding world any longer. It wasn't that she didn't want to be a part of it, she just found no use of magic if it couldn't do anything important. Magic hadn't helped her twin sister when she was on her death bed and it didn't help her with her families grievances, in fact muggle pills had. Her mother was on Prozac to keep herself even a little bit happy and she had gone through her own kind of substance abuse. "I see no need to be a part of it any longer," she said cryptically.

As the subject of her study came up an eager grin wore on Alexis' face as she said, "Biochemistry and Classics in English Literature. Bit of an odd mix but I couldn't choose between a life of english or biochemistry." She smiled at Andromeda before she tucked her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear.

Alexis couldn't say she knew any seventh years other than Kiera so she did not bother asking who Andromeda's boyfriend was. "I'm sure he would not jeopardize his education, even if he has been spending most of his time with you," she said, but of course that was her. She loved Izaak but she would never put her education on the back burner because he wanted to spend more time with her. He understood that she needed to do this for herself and Alexis had of course understood that about Izaak when he was in his seventh year.

Andy had never done biochemistry but figured it must be something similar to herbology and potions combined but didn't want to show her ignorance to Alexis on the matter. She had been gobsmacked at her cryptic words and she wondered for a moment what Alexis seemed to find so offensive about the magical world. Andromeda for one loved it dearly and could never dream of being anywhere else now, though the choice of course was long taken from her.

"I guess you're right. I wouldn't want him too anyhow"
she shrugged opening up one of her books and flipping to the page she wanted, "So ... do you have a boyfriend?"

At this point she was just trying to be friendly and hoped that Alexis would be open to chatting with her for a little bit but of course completely understood if she chose not to, especially with the reams of paperwork before her.

As Andromeda asked if she had a boyfriend, Alexis' cheeks flushed and she nodded her head shyly. "Yes," she said, rubbing the back of her neck with embarrassment. "He will be at Kiera's wedding with me, you'll probably meet him then," she said as her face burned a deeper shade of crimson as her thoughts trailed to her love. Izaak was perfect, everything about him and although she had troubles trusting people she truly believed that he was not lying to her about Isabella. How could he be that hypocritical? Getting mad at her for being in love with Zaire Adams and sleeping with someone else was bad enough but telling her to trust him when he was cheating was just not something that her love could do.

Alexis smiled dotingly as she thought of Izaak Finch, she didn't understand how he could forgive her for something so horrible and appreciated every bit of him. Realizing hat she was paying no attention to anything around her and that Andromeda could very will be speaking to her at the moment she smiled shyly at the girl and rubbed her neck once more. "So who is your boyfriend?" she asked to get attention off of her.

Andy smiled, Alexis seemed to become a different person when she spoke of her boyfriend. She seemed altogether like a person that Andy would have liked to get to know better and might once have possibly been good friends but for now the whole werewolf issue stood in their way. Hoping that with time she would get over this, Andromeda decided to just chat with her the way she would if it were Kat or Kiera that were here with her.

When Alexis asked about her boyfriend, she was well aware of how her own eyes must gleam. How her smile grew slightly bigger and how she just expelled a radiant aura because of him.
"His name is Crispin Cold. He is simply wonderful and not refuting that your own boyfriend is great or anything but mine is possibly the greatest in the world, actually make that the universe or actually the cosmos" she laughed ducking her head with actual real shyness, everything about her boyfriend was amazing and every day he still blew her away.

Looking back at Alexis she smiled at her.
"So what is your guys name then?"

Alexis smiled as Andromeda spoke her boyfriend's name, she seemed completely amoured as one should be with their lover and when she said that her own lover could not compare and with the news of the baby she could honestly believe this. But she shook that off and laughed quietly with Andromeda.

As the question of the name of her lover came up, Alexis grinned girlishly and said, "Izaak Finch." She let out a sigh of mixed emotions as once more a thought of her beautiful, exotic Zaire. He was not perfect, he was so messed up and she loved everything about him. He did not hide anything from her and despite his upbringing he had many admirable qualities that usually was only found when you knew him.

While they would never be each other's, there was an unspoken truth that they both were in love with one another and always would have each other on a pedestal, even if they had other's in their arms. "Despite everything, he is wonderful. So understanding of everything," she murmured quietly, but it wasn't sure if she was speaking about Zaire or Izaak...

Andy could talk romance all day long if possible and was now intrigued to know more about her new room mate and her love life.
"Have you been dating him long?" she let her head rest on her open palm hoping that Alexis wouldn't tell her to mind her own business or that she was busy and couldn't answer the younger girls questions. Andy basically only had three boyfriends and though she had genuinely liked them all, had even thought she loved them she had been amazed at the level of emotion that consumed her because of Crispin. It was like a tsunami bombarding her time and again. Love was such a funny thing, overwhelming, consuming and beautiful. She knew she was so lucky to have him, had been so lucky he had the patience to have waited for her. How many out there were as happy as she was at that moment, as happy as both she and Alexis so obviously were at that moment. Two Gryffindors in love, Andy knew that Alexis may not have said as much about Izaak but it showed.

Alexis opened her mouth to answer Andromeda's question with 'Well we never technically dated' before she realized that was about Zaire. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment and she kicked herself mentally, Stupid, stupid girl. She was asking about Izaak! She rubbed her cheek with the base of her palm in frustration with herself as she counted the months, "Excluding the month of confusion and including our odd beginnings, I think it would be a little under a year." She grinned girlishly at the thought of being with someone for so long.

It had not been something that Alexis had been known for at Durmstrang. She had been an awful tease but Caden, who had honestly been her first real boyfriend had changed that at Hogwarts Wizard Academy, and then there was Zaire who put stress on that relationship then Julia died and it fell apart because she spent almost all of her time with Zaire who knew Julia and herself the best out of everyone at that school. He hadn't pitied her, but he had made her hate him when he wouldn't let her have angry, unsober sex with him and then he disappeared to Argentina without one word to her. Not one owl had been returned with any word form him, only her own unopened letters to him in apology and pleading words for his returnee.

And of course, when Alexis had finally pieced her life together and began secretly dating Izaak, Zaire returned and told her that he had to be their for Joaquin when he had killed someone and had to watch after his beautiful little sister and that he loved her. It was only weeks after that she in fact felt the same about him and by then she was also in love with Izaak Finch. And the rest was just a big mess and just as unfortunate.

"What about you and Crispin?" Alexis asked, assuming that since Kiera hadn't known about the girl's relationship it had to be awfully new.

Andy listened as Alexis told her about the length of time she had been dating Izaak and smiled.
"I guess myself and Crispin are no better really. I mean we've only actually been dating since Christmas but we pretty much had a confused beginning as well. We sort of danced around one another alot, stealing moments here and there but never knowing how the other one really felt. It seems stupid now looking back, I wish we hadn't wasted all that time" she ran a hand through her hair taking a deep breath and looking at the pile of study notes and books.

"I am in need of serious catch up but can't seem to concentrate on much. Are you like that because of Izaak?"
Andromeda was getting better at it though, in the beginning she had not been able to concentrate at all because her mind kept wondering to the boy who had mystified her completely but now they were dating, she had been convinced she would not have any more reason to wander from her train of thought. Yet, time and again she found a single word, a scent on the air, a book, a chair anything could trigger a memory and have her swirling in mind blowing moments with Crispin.

Alexis nodded her head in understanding of Andromeda's words, although she couldn't say that she really understood how she felt because she had never been in that situation. When she and Izaak first found out about feelings that were more then platonic, it had been a complete surprise to her and one that she had immediately enjoyed, no matter how pained she had been before hand at the words that had been exchanged with herself and her ex-boyfriend, Caden.

"Well, right now there is a lot of drama between us, so I guess you could say yes. I've been stressing about he and this disgusting Veela girl and their.." Alexis trailed off, not wishing to air her dirty laundry with the girl just yet, but the flame in her mixed irises spoke hateful words for her. "If Izaak went to school here, I probably would have a hard time concentrating but well he doesn't, so I am not too bothered by that," she said with a sheepish grin.

Andy nearly fell off the stool when she heard the biting words from Alexis, obviously this veela girl had a lot to answer for. Andromeda felt a little sorry for the unknown girl being of the magical creatures sect herself. If it was her veela form creating the upheaval or whatever angst was resulting in Alexis dark mood regarding her, surely the girl could not be blamed. Unless of course she was using it to her advantage. Not sure if she wanted to know the details but realizing that she did want to be supportive of Alexis somehow, her being a Gryffindor and all she smiled.

"Well once he isn't unfaithful to you" she smiled warmly, it seemed only just that the boy should be reciprocating Alexis' extremely strong feelings, "well if he is as awesome as you're making out, I think you might have had to beat some of the harpies here back from him".
Of course she only said this in jest and hoped it would be taken like wise.

Alexis cringed as Andromeda said the word 'unfaithful'. Over the past year and a half there had been so many issues with faithfulness in her relationships, whether it was from her or from her partner it didn't matter, they both were extremely painful to go through. And now, with that spawn coming around the time of her graduation and their trip to Italy she would be spending more and more time at her friend's homes, not wanting to see Izaak in love with Isabella as he likely would be because of the spell she could place on him. "He better not be," she muttered spitefully under her breath, but it was still audible enough for Andromeda to hear.

Alexis laughed softly at the girl's joke, although it wasn't a truly jolly sound because she could feel that soon it wouldn't last, no matter how much they loved one another, no relationship would last what they were attempting. And when it came down to it, Alexis was mistrusting and hated the mother of his child, he wouldn't like her thinking such horrible things about her, would he?

Andromeda heard the difference now in her tone as she spitefully spoke her words. Looking at her she was curious about this, had Izaak given her reason already to believe that he could and would cheat on her. Looking closely at the girl she frowned slightly, Alexis was very beautiful so she seriously couldn't see how any boy would want to cheat on her but then again some boys were capable of just about anything. She didn't feel it right to respond to the girls comment though, there was nothing she could say about it so thought for a moment about something else, anything else.

"Will your NEWTs actually help you to get into muggle colleges?" the thought simply had come to her and intrigued she waited for the older girl to reply.

"Well my father has people that can transfer my marks to muggle grades as well as the classes. But in the end, I don't need my NEWTs, I'm only doing it to please my family," Alexis said with a playful roll of her eyes, as if her previous comment hadn't been said. She smiled softly at Andromeda and asked, "What do you plan to do when you graduate?" A look of genuine curiousity crossed her expression, this conversation causing her to forget all about the younger girl's unfortunate situation.

LA-HAME

Users who are viewing this thread

Back